How to clean outside of white aluminum gutters

Page 2 of 2

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:21:45 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

Alcholol won't soften the baked on paint of the aluminum gutter.
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:02:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Go to Ace Hardware and buy a gallon of their aluminum siding cleaner. Takes that stuff right off.
on 11/16/2009 4:07 PM (ET) Ray K wrote the following:

I painted mine with semigloss white exterior latex paint. They don't get as dirty as before and just clean up with soap and water. It'll probably takes less time to paint than the time it takes for you to clean them.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Ray K wrote:

I have never cleaned any white ones but Lowes had a closeout sale for some kind of plastic drip edge to snap on so they never get streaky again. They had a big drum full of them but they are probably gone in the trash by now.
replying to Ray K, Sean wrote:

Ray, Get you some Blue Wolf All Purpose Cleaner www.bluewolfcleaner.com I personally guarantee that it will take the black streaks from your gutters. You can purchase it in select Wal-Mart Stores . Contact me via email or phone and i can let you know where you may be able to purchase it. You can purchase it from our website as well. I look forward to hearing from you. 276-326-2583
Sean
replying to Ray K, Mr. Nate wrote: Great way to get the black grime off is Wesleys Bleach White.
replying to Ray K, Daniel Andrews wrote: 3 quarts water 1 quart bleach 2 oz. TSP cleaner put into pressure sprayer. Wet area with water and apply solution. Wait ten minutes or till area starts to dry, and apply again. Then pressure wash away! The secret is in number of applications with the solution and allowing atleast ten minutes to soak in. Also scrubbing while waiting is a good pass time and only helps your cause. If you apply patience to most things the results seem to be professional
On 5/24/2016 10:44 PM, Daniel Andrews wrote:

I did that lat year. Really did a good job just using a regular hose to rinse.
On 5/24/2016 11:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Does it need any bristle brush scrubbing?
A couple days ago, I tried Westley's Bleche White (from the auto parts store) on white news paper tube, and it did some good. Also on white aluminum trailer siding.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/25/2016 6:17 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm sure brushing would make if faster, but in my case, it did not need it.
On 5/25/2016 8:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thank you. Supposed to rain tomorrow. I'll try and remember to try this in the AM before the rain washes my trailer for me. Would be nice to make it look a bit cleaner. Will let you know how it works out.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/25/2016 10:54 PM, Steve Stone wrote:

Good point, but best not to use a pressure washer for application. Use a pump sprayer like you use for the garden. Let is soak a bit, then pressure wash with plain water.
On 5/26/2016 4:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I did pump sprayer, nylon scrub brush, then garden hose (no power washer). Lot of dirt came off, some discoloring remains.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Much appreciated. I did remove a lot of dirt and crud from the outside of my (white, aluminum) trailer sides. The formula was not 100% perfect, but did a considerable lot of good. I've been here about twenty years. This is the cleanest I've seen in those years. And I did try power washing with clean water, a couple years ago.
Some day in dry weather, I may paint over some of the dirty areas. Well, some day.
--
.
Christopher A. Young