[SOLVED] How to clean outside of white aluminum gutters

The stuff I used to use was ZEP Patio Furniture Cleaner ( found at HD). Unfortunately, ZEP doesn't make it anymore, but I found a another brand, Spray Nine Patio Furniture Cleaner, which seems to work as well.

willshak

Alcholol won't soften the baked on paint of the aluminum gutter.

Reply to
clare

Go to Ace Hardware and buy a gallon of their aluminum siding cleaner. Takes that stuff right off.

Reply to
homer

I have never cleaned any white ones but Lowes had a closeout sale for some kind of plastic drip edge to snap on so they never get streaky again. They had a big drum full of them but they are probably gone in the trash by now.

Reply to
Tony

Ray, Get you some Blue Wolf All Purpose Cleaner

I personally guarantee that it will take the black streaks from your gutters. You can purchase it in select Wal-Mart Stores . Contact me via email or phone and i can let you know where you may be able to purchase it. You can purchase it from our website as well. I look forward to hearing from you.

276-326-2583

Sean

Reply to
Sean

replying to Ray K, Mr. Nate wrote: Great way to get the black grime off is Wesleys Bleach White.

Reply to
Mr. Nate
3 quarts water 1 quart bleach 2 oz. TSP cleaner put into pressure sprayer. Wet area with water and apply solution. Wait ten minutes or till area starts to dry, and apply again. Then pressure wash away! The secret is in number of applications with the solution and allowing atleast ten minutes to soak in. Also scrubbing while waiting is a good pass time and only helps your cause. If you apply patience to most things the results seem to be professional
Reply to
Daniel Andrews

I did that lat year. Really did a good job just using a regular hose to rinse.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Have you been doing that since the OP 7 years ago??

Reply to
hrhofmann

Does it need any bristle brush scrubbing?

A couple days ago, I tried Westley's Bleche White (from the auto parts store) on white news paper tube, and it did some good. Also on white aluminum trailer siding.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm sure brushing would make if faster, but in my case, it did not need it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thank you. Supposed to rain tomorrow. I'll try and remember to try this in the AM before the rain washes my trailer for me. Would be nice to make it look a bit cleaner. Will let you know how it works out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You might want to read the directions for your pressure washer to ensure bleach based products won't harm its innards.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Much appreciated. I did remove a lot of dirt and crud from the outside of my (white, aluminum) trailer sides. The formula was not 100% perfect, but did a considerable lot of good. I've been here about twenty years. This is the cleanest I've seen in those years. And I did try power washing with clean water, a couple years ago.

Some day in dry weather, I may paint over some of the dirty areas. Well, some day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

i have a similar problem:

aluminum garage doors, a medium brown color, that i can't seem to get clean... the afternoon sun may have [almost] baked stains onto them

Bleach comes up often in the comments. I may try some, in a small test area

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

Good point, but best not to use a pressure washer for application. Use a pump sprayer like you use for the garden. Let is soak a bit, then pressure wash with plain water.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I did pump sprayer, nylon scrub brush, then garden hose (no power washer). Lot of dirt came off, some discoloring remains.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

replying to Ray K, RonC wrote: I have used acetone. Place on rag and wipe. Do not wipe too much. Acetone actually removes a thin layer of paint. My steps ...

  1. Wash with soap and water. Let dry.
  2. Dampen a rag with acetone and wipe in one direction. Always wipe from clean into dirty area. Otherwise dirty paint will smear out if you wipe back and forth.
  3. Apply car wax to protect paint. I will try to upload images.
Reply to
RonC

Acetone has some potential risks. I just use a strong bleach solution and a garden sprayer. Rinse. Done

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to Ray K, Bryan Kelley wrote: Strait simple green from a spray bottle. Spray it on, immediately wipe with one cloth and use a second cloth to dry. The warmer the temperature the better. I do this all the time. Did large house today, took 5 hours for gutters and soffit.

Reply to
Bryan Kelley