How to clean my bathtub

Hi. I have what I believe are rust stains in my bathtub. I think the bathtub is fiberglass. I've tried Barkeeper's Friend, CLR, Comet, and Lysol at various times. None of them have worked. Any suggestions? Thnaks

Make a paste of baking soda and water. Wet the surface of tub or shower stall; gently rub with the paste on a sponge or soft nylon brush. Rinse thoroughly. Never use an abrasive cleaner (such as common scouring powder), any abrasive scouring pad, steel wool, or a scraper.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll try them.
John Smith wrote:

You could try Iron Out.
I'd try Whink (it's over in the laundry products). I haven't tried it on fiberglass, but I have tried it on a wide variety of other surfaces, from carpet to tile to clothing, and it's always worked. You may need to dampen the spot and let it work for awhile. FYI, Lysol does nothing for rust. It's a good disinfectant (kills bacteria and viruses), but not meant for stains.
Jo Ann
John Smith wrote:

My super cleaning agent. Try the waterless grease removers found in garage workshops. Its easy on the skin and on fiberglass plus a lot of other hard to clean stuff. Its a paste with pumice. Leave a pat on the rust stain to let it work into the stain. Then use a cloth or worn out (so as not to scour the fiberglass finish) scotchbrite pad to rub the rust off. The automotive parts shop should stock it.
snipped-for-privacy@smith.com says...

Then a wax like StarBright with Teflon. This stuff is meant for fiberglass and boat owners use it ever year.
--
Keith

Wal-mart sells a product called "The Works". It is sold as a toilet cleaner and contains "hydrogen chloride" (hydrochloric acid). It dissolves rust like magic. The product is very cheap - a little over a dollar for a large bottle (same size as Lysol toilet bowl cleaner which also contains "hydrogen chloride").
---MIKE---

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Is it safe on fiberglass? Toilets are porcelain (more or less glass).

--
Keith
A hundred or so miles west and 1000' closer to the center (44.30N - Elevation 528')