How to attach wooden dowel to fascia board invisibly

I want to attach two 4" long, 1.5" dowels to the fascia board. The free end of each dowel will hold a Y Screw Hook like this: http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-447-storage-hooks/y-screw-hook-506281.aspx
The two dowels will be 13" apart, so I can place my aluminum extension ladder between the two hooks to prevent side-side motion. Without extending the hooks away from the fascia, the ladder will press against the 1.5" overhang of the first row of (brand new) shingles.
I am aware of hanger hooks like this: http://monsterfastener.com/sizelist.aspx?type=Hanger+Bolt&icstyl=Wood
But I'm not sure how to use them, especially with machine screw threads on one end.
Another factor which may or may not be a problem: the fascia board is off-vertical by 18 degrees, the pitch of the ranch house roof.
I welcome your suggestions for other approaches.
R1
Rebel1 wrote:

Buy a pair of ladder standoffs. Or just fasten a couple of wooden blocks to the rails to bear on the fascia.
BTW, if you are getting side to side motion from your ladder, you are doing something wrong.
--

dadiOH
On 9/17/2012 2:41 PM, dadiOH wrote:

One time I made the mistake of trying to step onto the roof from one rung too low. Naturally, the ladder shifted in the opposite direction. So I'm being very cautious.
R1
On 9/17/12 2:52 PM, Rebel1 wrote:

Also helps if you are using an extension cord or water hose up on the roof. I managed to knock over the ladder with a hose while cleaning the swamp cooler. As a widower, there was no one home to help. Had to wait 2 hours for a neighbor to come home. After that, I always bungee-corded the ladder to a gutter bracket !