How-to article for electrical newbies

The June 2004 isssue of "This Old House" magazine has a good article on house wiring pages 42-5. The author, Allan Gallant likes plastic boxes for the walls (I'm still irritated by the stripped out mounting holes i've run into) and uses bunches of nail stoppers on the studs, which I think is a good idea. He also wraps switches and outlets with tape in his metal boxes to reduce the likelihood of shorts, not a bad idea if you wind up with a crowded box like in

3-way switch situation. Might be a bit more informative on mounting heights, etc, but probably can't be too specific because of all the code variations there are. All in all, not a bad read for those considering their first electrical work.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Yeh, 3 pages ought to cover just about everything.

Reply to
Toller

Definitely not a graduate course, but a man has to begin somewhere.

Bob

Reply to
rck

Begin here: