How to adjust paper-grabber in home Xerox machine?

We have this table-top Xerox machine we got from Staples.
Worked just fine for a couple of years.
Now, however, it has a hard time grabbing the next piece of blank paper -- grabs two, then ERROR.
Pain in the butt!
I've adopted a scheme of BY HAND feeding paper into it.
Total of two pieces in the feeder, the 2nd one of them between my fingers.
Assuming the first one has "gone down" that half-inch before it gets pulled through,
I then press "copy" (or whatever the button is called) (number of copies set to 1), and as that sheet gets pulled into the machine, I make sure that the one between my fingers actually does go down that half-inch *it* has to, before its turn.
ie, a sheet of paper must, while the prior sheet is being pulled into the machine, get grabbed (by the machine) for the purpose of having it drop (or get pulled) down .5 inch or so, so its ready for the NEXT print-cycle, when it's *its* turn to get pulled through.
When things are working properly, this all happens automatically -- the machine takes care of that preparatory step.
But now it no longer does -- the only way to get that step done is for ME to do it.
--

QUESTION: how to FIX it?

Presumably, some minor adjustment.
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote in

I have had similar problems on printers. Usually the rubber roller that grabs the paper has gotten slick. I have used 2 ways to get them more "grabby" Use an eraser to slightly roughen their surface or use alcohol pads (like they use to clean and disinfect your skin before jabbing a needle into you) to clean off and roughen the roller. It usually works for a while. I wish those things were easily replaceable ...
--
Best regards
Han

alcohol might make it worse, years ago I was a copier repairman........
there is rubber reguvenator but i dont know where to buy it in small quanties
Try a hobby store. Its used to add grip to the rubber wheels on slot cars.

alcohol might make it worse, years ago I was a copier repairman........
there is rubber reguvenator but i dont know where to buy it in small quanties

"rubber rejuveator" 10$ - 2 ounces - Laquer thinner 5$ a quart, both same thing.
I wondered about Armor All. From the auto parts store.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On May 16, 9:44pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote:

Use Laquer Thinner to clean the rollers, alcohol isnt strong enough, use a white rag and clean them until the rag stays clean. Every few years my neighbors throw out printers used for commercial use, I just clean the rollers with Laquer thinner. Ive told them, but they keep throwing them out.

I took my rollers out, and cleaned them with alcohol and a cotton swab. Worked like new after that. The rollers didn't look or feel dirty. It's free and worth the price!
Steve
Where do I get my free alcohol and cotton swabs?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Isopropanol fromn your medicine cabinet and tissue/toilet paper should work just as well. When all else fails use moonshine, or your spouse's perfume.
--
Best regards
Han