How permanent is silicon sealant on corian and metal?

I am making a router table out of corian, oak, and a magnesium router base. I was originally going to glue everything together with epoxy, but now have decided that if I ever need to change the base I would regret having to build a whole new table. So I going to screw the table top to the frame, and hang the router by rods through the holes the edge guides go through. I would still like to use glue to get everything tight, yet some that can be ripped apart if I ever have to. Would Silicon sealant meet that requirement? If it is too permanent, any suggestions?

yes, although it might be too good a glue. depends upon how thick a bead and the thickness of the edges of the pieces you're joining. you need to get a thin blade (razor) to cut it.
Silicon caulk would probably work pretty well, especially regarding removing it. It is easy to remove from a non-porous surface. In fact, if there's any shifting/vibration of the surfaces, it might even let go.
If you wanted a bit more adhesive strength, you could go with a polyurethane caulk instead. Still removeable but a stronger bond.
bill

just want the caulk to damp any movement. thanks

Fantastic product tha can be used for a large multitude of applications. Home Depot and Lowes got it. MLD