How much weight can a pine floor withstand?

Can a pine floor stand up to having a ping pong table weighing 170 pounds rolled across it repeatedly over time, or is the pine so soft that something with that weight would leave indentations on the floor? My wife and I recently purchased a house with a pine floor which had quite a number of indentations and we want to make sure we don't repeat that problem now that we've had the floor sanded down to get rid of those... Thanks for your advice.
RL

Weight is not the problem, distribution is. Chances are, you or some of your friends are 170 or more and don't make dents. You want glides or casters with a large area to support and distribute the weight.
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:20:28 -0600, "Amateur"

Pine is about the most variable wood you can make a floor out of. slow-grown yellow pine can be harder than oak. But if the floor had dents in it before, then what you've got is probably fairly soft. Which means it's going to dent. Get used to that, or start budgeting for new flooring. In the meantime, replaceing the wheels on the table with bigger ones (pnuematic, if you can make them fit) Will help.

http://www.jwwinco.com/products/section13/lkpa-vpa/index.html

Nick