how much Tremidor for DIYer termite extermination, etc..

I'm trying to calculate how much Tremidor chemical (concentrate) I need to buy inorder to properly treat my home myself. Since I didn't purchase the chemical yet, I can't read it's instructions which might answer this post.

My home is in southeast Texas. For this chemical, do I just dig a trench around the house and pour the diluted chemical into the trench? And what size trench do I need? Is the amount of chemical needed based on just the volume of the trench or am I forgetting something? Any recommended web site to buy the stuff?

Reply to
rob

Where do you buy it?

Reply to
RayV

Try this link:

Sy

Reply to
Seymour Bigby-Heinz

You are not supposed to be able to but...

First take the product training online

then buy it from a vendor
While you are supposed to be a pest control professional, it looks like you can self certify online anyway (I did not go through all the steps or take the training to see how it turns out)

Reply to
PipeDown

In article , rob says... :) My home is in southeast Texas. For this chemical, do I just dig a :) trench around the house and pour the diluted chemical into the trench? :) And what size trench do I need? Is the amount of chemical needed :) based on just the volume of the trench or am I forgetting something? :) Any recommended web site to buy the stuff? :) :)

The proper application is to trench and then rod the product to the desired depth. The amount of product you will need depends on the concentration and the depth needed to treat. At a strength .06% , one 20 oz bottle makes 25 gallons, is applied at 4 gal per 10 lin feet/foot depth. .125% is 2 gal per 10 lin feet per foot depth, 40 oz concentrate for 25 gallons. If the top of the footers are 28 inches in the ground you would need to apply 12 gallon of .06% per 10 linear feet or 6 gallons per 10 lin feet at a rate of .125% for proper treatment and realize the areas inside the home that are at risk will still be there.

Reply to
Lar

Hi Rob,

I recently started working for a company which has Contractor "How-To" factsheets online for non-toxic and less toxic solutions. The termite "how-to" sheets are below.

?id=fact-term-sube-0001 I help out on the Dear Sammi SaferBuilder column. A recent termite letter is on ...

It has been an eye opener for me to find out how many people were poisoned by pesticides that were used according to the label. I've also been impressed with how beautiful properties can be when maintained non toxically and less toxically (photos on ..

Best of Luck,

Gazelle

Worksheets, Environmental Disclosures, Certificates of Good Standing

gSimmons