How much to pay for labor for 2 hours to move something down some stairs?

Page 2 of 2
dean wrote:

You could use the wally system. $6 for the first hour and the second hour is free.

Can you speak spanish? Lets hear you speak (or type).this.
Hey homey dude, move the f*cking furnace and I'll give you $20 and a six pack of Corona.
Personally, I'd hire a Rushin guy, The job always gets done faster when you're Rushin......

I got a parking ticket earlier this year in Princeton for absolutely no reason at all. I hope you never get it down!
dean wrote:

I don't think you have done enough planning. At least it doesn't show in your post. Just HOW are you going to move it? 2 guys are not going to move a load like that without mechanical assistance of some type. I helped a neighbor move a computer printing press (big mother that just fit through the door) into his basement. It took 3 of us, a come-along, ramp built of 2x stock and a heavy duty rolling platform to get it in there and in place. I don't think it weighed 400 pounds but probably didn't miss by much.
If you do hire someone, pay about double your states minimum wage and be SURE your home owners insurance is payed up and will cover the job.
Harry K