How much to install an electric water heater, Seattle area.

I'm looking at a buying a house with 2 water heaters, 1 40 gallon & 1 80 gallon. Inspector says both are old (40 gal 1982!) & should be replaced soon. Bigger tank is on main floor of house, so a leak would be a bitch. From what I have found online, the tanks go for ~ $315 for the 40 & $475 for the 80 gallon. I'm wondering about how much installation would be. Trying to come up with a figure for this & some other items to present to the seller for a price reduction.

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan

An important thing you left out. Are the HWT's gas or electric? Jim....

Reply to
Jimi

Jim-They're electric, I put that in the subject ;-)

Dan

Reply to
Dan

OOOOOPS!.....my fault...sorry.... If your looking at buying the house, get a quote from a plumber to remove, supply and install.. You can figure on about $100 dollars removal fees (dump fees etc) each. Reconnection should be about the same for each unit. Jim

Reply to
Jimi

Thanks Ed

Reply to
Dan

Electric water heaters last a long time. I wouldn't be looking to replace 1982 electric water heaters unless they were leaking. You just need to flush them periodically like you would any other water heater and replace the heating elements as they go bad. I would not be suprized to see them work for another 5 years. I'd be more concerned about any sediment buildup in the tanks, and the remote possibility that both hot water heaters could go bad at the same time (I have seen it happen!).

Reply to
scott21230