How much time can elapse to top coat after priming?

I primed exterior trim over 4 months ago but did not get to apply top coat due to knee surgery - have been restricted from using stairs, ladders, etc. I used oil primer/sealer on wood that I did lots of patching on and Kilz premium on the rest. Should I apply another coat of primer before top coat after this length of time?

Thanks.

Reply to
al

Should be OK if it is clean

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

imho,

If the primer looks good, adhering to the surface, then its doing its job. Now to make the paint adhere to the primer, I would ensure the primer it very clean. Wiped down, etc.

Might want to check primer/paint instructions for further advice.

later,

tom @

Just Joshin

No need. Just make sure the surface is clean. It's had 4 months of winter weather to get a bit funky.

Reply to
NickySantoro