How much should shortening a chainsaw chain cost?

I bought some saw chain loops online, and they sent me the wrong length on one of 'em. I ordered a 72LPX070G and they sent a 72LPX072G. Pretty sure they'll make it right, but I'm just wondering if it makes more sense to shorten this chain rather than send it back.
I assume this requires a special chain breaker tool and a rivet spinner? Or could it be done with a reloading press and decapper to break it and a small ball peen hammer and anvil to rivet it back? Can you safely reuse the rivets?
-Bob

makes up chains as required. They will have the proper equipment and know-how. Used to be a shop a few miles away had Oregon chain by the pail-full.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That's my plan, I was just wondering about what that should cost and what my other options were. It only cost $12 for an Oregon professional chain, so even if I have to eat the cost of shortening it, it shouldn't be too bad. (Maybe they'll do it for free if I buy a couple of bottles of their expensive Stihl oil)
-Bob

Cost of shortening probably just about what postage would be. But first call the company you ordered from. They may send you replacement chains and not require that you send the bad ones back. Bailey's did that for me.
Harry K
zxcvbob wrote:

I'm not familiar with chainsaws, but here's a video about shorting their chains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnX5sC_1NbA

The pin vise seems like the kind used for bicycle chains that don't have master links, but I don't know if the size is the same.
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:07:50 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

Send it back and get the correct chain. Or buy a longer bar.