How much should a fence cost?

I'm new here so hopefully this isn't too common of a question. What i

a fair cost per linear foot for a 6' cedar privacy fence? I live i Colorado, if that helps.

Mik

-- jackalope

Reply to
jackalope

Hi, How about a trip down to your local lumber yard? You're lazy, aren't you? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Open the yellow pages, pick up the phone, and ask. It doesn't matter what anyone tells you it's going to cost, or should cost, unless it's the guy who'll actually be doing the work for you.

RicodJour

how would you adjust this tub?

Gerry Atrick

ive seen some of the box stores sell fence section kits for 8' of fence including, the required posts, slats, and rails for one price (im guessing you need to buy one more post than you buy sections). but its been a while so that price may have changed. if memory serves correct it was about 35$ for the low end sections, and more for better ones.

my point being that per fence section is a better way to estimate it than per linear foot.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

jackalope wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com:

question. What is

A quick google search finds places selling cedar panels (8') in various styles for $80-110 each, which is about what I see for poor quality cedar panels at the local home centers. Call it $10-13 per running foot for the panels, then add in the cost of posts and screws for your length.

I put up 150 feet of new fence last year and just went with good quality PT lumber, which doesn't look as good as cedar but cost about 1/3 as much.

-kiwanda

Reply to
Kiwanda

Like anyone can or should answer you. What location, how long is the drive, store location, rocks, soil type, hills, trees, bushes, concrete or none, Is this Aspen or some out of the way hidden dump area without jobs. etc etc. Like how much should a house cost. Get on the phone.

Reply to
m Ransley

Also, are you going to do the work yourself or have a contractor do it? If you're going to hire a contractor, you'll need estimates. If you're going to do it yourself, you'll have to measure, then figure out how many boards, 4x4 posts, cement to anchor the posts, etc., you'll need, and call a lumber yard for prices. To complicate matters, lumber prices vary in different parts of the country. Fwiw, ours was around $1200, materials only, for a medium-sized back yard. ("medium-sized": yet another vague term)

Reply to
Dee