How much sagging is acceptable?

Hi,
We bought our house last year and a friend of mine pointed out our sagging floors just in the main entrance area (First floor on top of the basement). There are around 5 rows of titles (each spanning 15 titles). The first row closest to the living room is perfectly straight while the second row has a slight downward slope all the way to the last row closest to the kitchen (less than 1/2 inch depth). It looks like it has stablized and it's not sagging any more. Both the living room and our kitchen area is perfectly leveled. Our house is around 18 years old and the tiles don't have any crack or loose grout (except in some parts as a result of poor tiling). What I want to know is that is this a bad tiling job? or sagging? Also if it has stablized do I need to worry about it? It's not noticable at all.
BTW, also there is height fluctuation between floor and the baseboards anywhere from 0-1/4 inches.
Thanks Maz
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It sounds very stable. One good thing about tiles... they'll soon reveal any further movement. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start to see new cracks appearing.
I suspect the installer just did a lousy job of getting the floor level before laying the tiles. It the sag was caused by movement, I'd expect to see significant cracking of the tiles and grout.
Thanks for your response.
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

I'd try to find out why things have deflected, then the prognosis.
Sloppy workmanship is one thing, inadequate support something else.
I'd try to find out why things have deflected, then the prognosis.
Sloppy workmanship is one thing, inadequate support something else.

the sagging had stabilized? My friend just finished leveling his foundation near the chimney and there wasn't a significant amount of cracking or outward indications that the house was slowly sinking on that side. It took his house 100 years to sink 5 inches, what would you expect to see in 1 year?
Others have suggested this, I will too. Find out why it's sagging then come back and ask.

Read it again.

When I marreid my wofe she had nice firm breasts. Now in her 50's they sag down below her navel. Sagging occurs from age and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
On 11 Dec 2006 10:37:36 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

says...

And I'll bet she's noticed a few things sagging on you.
..jerk.
Banty
Hire a professional