How much money to get driveway coated?

Looking for a good excuse to be lazy here- a couple of my neighbors have just redone theirs DIY, and are making me feel guilty about the state of mine. 20x60, with maybe 50?feet of wide cracks needing sealing before the 'paint' goes on. Strolled through BorgA and BorgB looking at prices, and it looks like about 100 bucks for the mid-range material and expendable tools, for 1200 sq. ft. coverage. (with natch, half a bucket left over.)

Monkey wrench is that part of driveway is rather steep, so I am paranoid about making it more slippery than it already is. (8' rise over the 60 feet, most of it in the middle third.) Already killed one transmission slip-sliding away on here last couple of winters.

They wouldn't even let me fingerpaint as a kid- anything with killer mess potential like this, I tend to have oopsies. What can I say- I'm a klutz. I realize stuff like this is regional as hell, but has anyone on here in Great Lakes part of country had theirs done lately? I'd like at least medium quality and lifespan- not used motor oil and kerosene, but not somebody so fussy that I may as well get it repaved.

-- aem sends, curiously....

Reply to
aemeijers

borg have type with anti skid material......

my driveway became a skating rink, have had no trouble since i started coating with the anti skid type.

looks so nice when done.

wierdly i kinda enjoy the job..........

Reply to
hallerb