How much juice does it use?

Page 2 of 2

House here is rebuilt and up for sale. Will be going to Williston. Just in time for Feb. Haven't seen snow and the coldest I've seen in past 3 yrs is 15...once. They had red warning bars on TV from the NWS about the deathly bitter cold. Heck, back there it's a party because the rock salt starts working when it gets up to 15! I think I have a little re-acclimation to do:-(
127.0.0.1 says...

That's what I'm doing (rebuilding the house). It'll be up for sale in January, I hope.

high. ;-) It's been so wet here (something like 50% above normal rain) the frost line will likely be down so far the Chinese will have cold feet. ;-)

Buy good boots and make sure your car battery is in good shape.
-- Keith

I'm not the OP but I do live in NYC and buy my electricity from Con Ed. My October bill was $102.13 for an energy consumption of 480 KWH. That includes everything, taxes, adjustment factor etc. and works out to $0.21 per KWH. If I had have consumed less than 258.3 KWH (!) my rate would have been about 10% higher and of course if I had have consumed only one KWH the cost per KWH would have been $11.78 <g>. I suspect that the rate in the pdf file you quoted "Market Supply Charge" is the actual cost of electricity not including the delivery charge (or the delivery charge not including the cost of electricity).
snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.edu says...

Could be, but I'm pretty sure that was the total. I found other charges on the Con-Ed site that split the two up. Their site is a mess though.
-- Keith
kevin wrote:

If it uses a thermostat to switch the heater on and off to maintain the operating temperature you could probably place a box shaped cover over it when it's not in use, perhaps just some glued up pieces of styrofoam sheet. That could reduce the heat losses considerably.
However, from the way you describe the switch labeling, there's a good chance that it doesn't use a thermostat, in which case forget my suggestion because things might get dangerously hot if the natural heat losses are reduced.
Jeff
You might
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:55:22 -0800, aspasia wrote:

There must be a label on it somewhere that lists the wattage. Post the wattage on here and someone can figure it out for you. Otherwise who knows.
What is this thing for anyhow? What does "aching parts" mean?