How much juice does it use?

Could be, but I'm pretty sure that was the total. I found other=20 charges on the Con-Ed site that split the two up. Their site is a=20 mess though.

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

Am I the only one that thinks it's hysterical that poster aspasia, who claims to be so knowledgable of White House conspiracies and the causes of California's past electric shortage, is the one that can't figure out how much it costs to run a heater that has 100W printed on it? Or that aspasia called the CA electric company and they couldn't give an answer, either? LOL!

Reply to
trader4

Elec. co. were quite right to require a wattage before quoting a price. As it happens, I was on the phone with a nice lady who was about to give me the info when I had to take an incoming call. I got the info from a COURTEOUS poster on this NG, rather than call the elec. co. again and push buttons till I got a human being.

Of course to get a quote, one needs -- as a COURTEOUS poster pointed out, to get the KW/hr price for the locality.

As to poster's "hysterical" message above, he mixes Apples and Oranges. This is a familiar tactic which involves conflating two or more unrelated matters to create a gestalt which promotes the desired profile.

It has been used politically to influence the Radical Religious Right, which is not big on critical thinking.

Particularly during the last six years, this mindless practice has been expertly exploited by Bush's Brain, aka Karl Rove.

The "conspirators" (for that is just what they are) have used their expertise in manipulating the compliant media to disseminate loud, but inaccurate information to the ignorant voter, who also is not big on critical thinking.

  1. by Republicans to ruin the career of a U.S. Senator, triple amputee Vietnam veteran Max Cleland by juxtaposing his image with that of Osama bin Laden.
  2. by Republicans to blacken the reputation of a Vietnam war hero, Senator Foot-in-Mouth Kerry by charging that he did not deserve the Purple Heart -- this "Swift Boat" campaign funded in large part by a wealthy Texan named Bob J. Perry. So barefaced was this smear that the expression "to Swift Boat" has passed into the political lingo.
  3. by Republicans during the 2000 Republican presidential primary to damage candidate John McCain by suggesting that he sired a black child out of wedlock (actually he and wife adopted an Asian orphan). See Boston Globe story at:
    Are there similar examples of Democratic smear campaigns? This Independent voter hasn't found any, but is open to FACTUAL instances. Democrats, unfortunately, are too disorganized, and perhaps not amoral enough, to mount the same Mafia-like, laser-guided, loyalty-above-truth campaigns so expertly engineered by the monolithic Rove-ian machine.
Reply to
aspasia

Yeah, and anyone with a brain would just look at their bill that comes every month, instead of calling up the electric company and wasting their time. And apparently you are so stupid that you called thinking they can tell you how much electric it's going to use without you knowing how many watts it is.

No apples and oranges. The fact that you are so stupid you can't understand an electric bill has direct bearing on how much you likely know about what caused the energy crisis in CA, much less conspiracies directed from the White House. The dummer you are, the more likely you are to not understand things and believe in nonsense. They go hand in hand.

Yes, caught in your own glaring stupidity, just keep going on about Bush. That's typical kook strategy.

Yes, how about the ads run by Democrats that showed churchs burning and implied that's why you had to vote for Dems?

Or how about claiming that President Bush's service as a pilot in the National Guard was less than honorable? Think that didn't offend folks in the national guard or service? Funny how Bush's National Guard service was supposed to be a less than honerable thing when running against Kerry, but when Clinton ran for president, his having written letters of "loathing" the military and not having served period was not an issue? Hypocritical, eh?

Or how about just this week? Seems Dem John Murtha finally got outted with a video showing him saying to an FBI agent with a briefcase full of $50K cash "I'm not interested in that, ......At this point. We do business for a few years, then maybe I will be interested, maybe I won't" Curious how with Murtha slinging muck, just like you, at the administration and our troops for a year, nobody brought this up. Not even at election time. But now he got into a nasty little fight for the #2 spot in the House with a fellow Dem, and bingo out it comes.

This Independent voter hasn't found any, but is open to FACTUAL instances.

Independent ? LOL And you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the head. You're so stupid, you can't even read and figure out an electric bill!

See Murtha about that!

Reply to
trader4

Maybe you could sign up at a local adult school for spelling lessons? But even that wouldn't teach you critical thinking. Name-calling is a poor substitute.

Over & out

Reply to
aspasia

Get back to us when you learn how to read and figure out a simple electric bill, OK? That only requires very basic reading and multiplication skills, which clearly you lack. So forgive me if I don;t give any credence to your wild conspiracy assertions or mastery of energy issues in the state of CA.

Reply to
trader4