How much do you pay for light bulbs...recessed floods?

The best I've found locally is $2.50/bulb, and that's in multi-packs. We have alot of recessed lights, and I wish I could find a cheaper source for these.
You'll have to check the net... and buy in bulk (cases at a time.)
But consider other cost factors that can easily be bigger than the bulb: 1. Electricity is about 90% of the cost of lighting. Dimmers, timers and energy efficient bulbs will save big bucks. 2. Do not use long life bulbs. They are LESS efficient so you don't save money unless you are paying someone to change the bulbs. 3. Consider fluorescent bulbs!! Just try some for a while and find a brand/size you like. They are NOT all the same.
Richard Reid, LC Luminous Views
snipped-for-privacy@doodle.com wrote:

I have installed fluorescents in a couple of closets. I like the near-instant-on as compared to what they used to be.
snipped-for-privacy@doodle.com wrote:

I don't consider closets to be a likely place for compact fluorescents to pay off, due to the short on-time per month and the short on-time per start (life in operating hours will likely fall short) in most closets.

I put them there because those are the lights the kids leave on the most often.