How much Base Material for Stone Walkway

All -
I'm looking for a method of calculating how much stone dust I need to buy for my project. I can do the math, I just need to know something like, "1 Yard of stone dust will compress to X Cubic feet of compressed stone in your project."
Thanks
Ratdoggy
1 ton covers 100 sq ft @ 2" deep HTH

Just to be sure I understand your information, you're telling me that one ton of Crushed Stone will yield 100 Sq FT of Compressed Base 2" thick?
This is suspiciously like the "one yard of mulch will cover 100 Sq Ft @ 2" thick" thumbrule I get from my local garden center.

El Penguini wrote:

Correct.
El Penguini wrote:

The thickness of the base, and how you are compacting it (hand tamper, plate compactor?), has a lot to do with how much it will compact. Generally I figure about 1/4" to 1/2" for every 2" of base.
Running short is usually a far bigger problem than figuring out what to do with some leftover.
I plan to tamp with a rental plate compactor every two inches until I get to four inches of compacted base. I agree with your thoughts on material, but i have about 3/4 yard of 3/4" stone sitting in my driveway because I over estimated. I don't want to add to my pile of shame!
Thanks for the information.
El Penguini (the Italian Penguin lover of international reputation)