how many pier blocks for shed foundation

Hi everyone
i'm building a 10x15 shed it will be 15 feet wide, so the joists are 10 ft long, and the 2 outside ledger boards are 15. plan on using 2x8 treated joists, 16 in o.c.
my question is - how many pier blocks and where?
i was considering this: each x is a pier block. so i alternate joists, and place one on every joist in them middle - under the shed. does that make sense? is that kosher?
x-----x-------x------x------x------x-x | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | x x x x x x x x x x x x | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | x-----x-------x------x------x------x-x
any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. Thanks everyone

Maybe 16
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:35:49 -0800, RedDwarf wrote:

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/rlm_photos/?action=view&current=s7001419.jpg
http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/rlm_photos/?action=view&current=s7001417.jpg
http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/rlm_photos/?action=view&current=Joists-beam.jpg
My shed is 10'x20'. Joists 2"x8" - 2' on center. 4 - 4x4 beams run length of shed 10' long each. Solid block piers 4' on center under beams only. 2"x8" ledger boards at sides. The end view with nosy dog is pretty much full width. Beams are 8' apart. Anchors every 4'. This passed code in Fla. where the wind consideration is possibly higher than in your area.
I just made it before dark.
Hope this helps

Wouldn't wider joists on 24" centers with no piers be a lot less work (and maybe cheaper)? Your present design seems suitable for heavy machinery, so if that is not the intent, other schemes should be considered.
Joe

you far better off with a concrete slab, it will last forever, never rot etc. doesnt absorb stuff like oil spills, cant burn.
and animals cant build a home under your sheds crawlspace.
this wouldnt bother me, but drives my neighbors nuts
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Shed on a slab may count as a 'permanent structure', while a shed on piers usually does not. A lot of areas, it makes a big difference in taxes. I know several people around here that went with raised sheds for just that reason.
-- aem sends....

locally no footer equals lower taxes.
my shed is 16 by 20 with a 10 foot cieling 12 feet to peak. 75 bucks a year to property tax.
neighbors who built wood floors now regret it.
my shed requires nothing theres have varmits living under floors, rotting floors etc.
In wrote:

I agree with you on the slab, but another factor is properrty line. Locally a "portable" building can be 5 ft from property line and a permanent structure has to be 10 ft. I have a 16 x 20 on blocks that has been fine for 18 yrs, but I've had to have it jacked up several times because the blocks sink. If I were to do again, which I'm going to have to do in the next year, I'm pouring piers. F***K the blocks