How many people have switched gas supplier this winter ?

I'd be interested just how many people have switched gas supplier this winter ?
I guess the proces were bond to rise giventhe industrial / wholesales price rocketted.
I've switched myself more than once, normally a clear 15% difference in hefirst year but you've got to keep an eye on it!
www.switch-gas.co.uk is as good a place as any to check prices. There's also uswitch
I plan this summer switching everything to electric. I don't want to take a chance again next winter on high gas prices.
HunkyDoreyMan wrote:

Joey wrote:

If you are serious about that, I strongly suggest you check the actual relative cost before doing that. Almost everywhere, except where you may have cheap electricity due to abundant hydroelectric it is going to cost you far more using electric even with the increases.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
HunkyDoreyMan wrote:

Where I am I had considered it. I had done it some years before and it turned out good. This time I decided not to switch. Good move. While one month was higher that I would have been paying, the last two months have been billed at a lower rate than the other supplier's fixed rate because my supplier lowered their rates when the price of gas and the amount of gas used went down. I came out ahead.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I switched when my contract expired. I had been paying $8 plus change, but that company said the new rate would be $14 plus, so I found one that charges $12 plus. Its still a big increase, but switching to electric would be even more expensive, given the high electric rates here, and the costs of a new furnace, water heater, stove, and dryer.
I've read that they are building a new gas pipeline through Canada to bring more gas into the US, but I think the days of inexpensive gas are over.