How many 100W Incandescent light bulbs do you have stocked up?

Page 4 of 6

Why do you think the attack on Afghanistan was justified? The 9/11 bombers did their aircraft training right here in the US. It's doubtful their plan would have succeeded if they hadn't been able to take flying (yet not landing) lessons here.
-- Bobby G.

Another pathetic and incompetent comparison. The flight schools in the US didn't know they were training terrorists. It's also untrue that they didn't take landing lessons. They were fully trained in smaller planes and not exactly sure of who had what specific license, but not only were there licensed private pilot certificates, but also IFR ratings and commercial licenses held by the hijackers. They had passed training in all phases of flight, the FAA written and exam, and at least one check ride with an FAA examiner.
What you are confused about is that some of them took 767 simulator training where they wanted additional training that didn't include landing. Once again, being a Monday morning quaterback is real convenient, ain't it? Had any of those flight school operators been suspicous, you'd be the first one screaming about racial profiling and how they were being discriminated against because they were muslims.
Nor did the US govt allow Al-Qaeda to operate terrorist training camps here and give them support, to train 50,000 terrorists over the years. Nor did we refuse to hand over Bin LAden after 911.
See the difference, fool?

Pay attention.
GWB didn't have any trouble getting both parties to vote for the Afghanistan invasion. And Obama has killed a lot more terrorists than GWB ever dreamed of in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and a lot more places.
Yeah he's sent them a cake. A rather deadly one that's blown up in their faces.

Again quick to call me a liar but unable to cite any facts. Here's GWB truly not concerned about Bin Laden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o

and as far as miscellaneous countries, find any WMD yet?
--
Dan Espen

You seem to think that I'm implying Obama sent Al Qaeda a cake. The comment about sending them a cake, was addressed to the resident lib loon. He's been bitching that after 911 the whole thing should have been handled as a simple criminal matter. He disagrees with most of what Obama has done in fighting Al Qaeda. Had the loon been running things, we'd be working out the details of a search warrant with Pakistan and Bin Laden would long be gone.

The problem is that last time I checked, there is a lot more to Al Qaeda than just Bin Laden. You apparently think 911 begins and ends with Bin Laden. Bush knew it did not. And Obama would not have gotten Bin Laden if it were not for many years of intelligence work in the hunt for him that started with Bush. Had there been no enhanced interrogation, which is what you libs would have done, Bin Laden would still be alive today.

So you've been calling me stupid and a liar because of someone else?

Umm, no. Obama has killed the leader and is methodically working his way down the hierarchy. And he's doing a damned fine job of it too.
But we still have Bush's statement that he didn't care about Osama and went on to attack a country that everyone knows had nothing to do with 9/11.
You never hesitate to throw out "you libs". According to you, we all think alike, we're all stupid and a danger to the country.
I have plenty of conservative friends and I don't talk like that to them.
Humans are imperfect. Neither side has a monopoly on being right.
--
Dan Espen

On 12/30/2011 3:37 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

Obambo, the mulatto Rambo, jumping out of a helicopter with a machine gun to take out all those nasty terrorists. ROTFLMAO
TDD

Just as funny as GWB appearing in a flight suit telling us "Mission accomplished" in 2003. One has to wonder why the war then went on for 8 more years if we had accomplished the mission that early on. I'd be LMAO for sure if so many Americans hadn't been killed after that false declaration of success.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushcodpiece.htm
At least Obama's capture of Bin Laden won a serious intelligence victory that stayed in the mind of the American public, if only for a little while, and wasn't just a publicity stunt (and an outright lie) like Bush's flight suit strut on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln. Obama also exposed our Pakistani "allies" as friends in name only, and only as long as we kept sending billions in "love the US" bribe money. That's a *real* accomplishment, not a "look at the macho man" PR stunt. Meanwhile Obama is relentlessly attacking the Al-Qaeda leadership and not the people of a country who had nothing to do with 9/11.
One thing in Bush's favor is that he eventually realized what a bone-headed moment that speech turned into:
http://www.denverpost.com/war/ci_10964832
<<President George W. Bush said he regrets the display of the "Mission Accomplished" sign as backdrop for a speech he gave about a month after the March 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq. "To some, it said, well, 'Bush thinks the war in Iraq is over,' when I didn't think that," he said in a CNN interview today. "It conveyed the wrong message." The sign was hung on the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, when Bush landed on the carrier wearing a flight suit to declare that major combat operations in Iraq were over . . .

Once again, as I did in my salad days as a reporter, I'm hearing someone say, essentially: "That's what I said, but it's not what I meant!" I wonder how many American soldiers died or were wounded from that point forward? The article goes on to say:
<<"I regret saying some things I shouldn't have said," Bush said. He cited comments he made after the Sept. 11 attacks, when he said of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden: "I want justice. There's an old poster out West that said, 'Wanted, dead or alive."' He also said he regretted telling Iraqi insurgents in 2003: "There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring 'em on.">>
Yep, the original Rambo wannabe was right under your nose all the time, Dufe. Except he couldn't deliver the goods - Obama did.
-- Bobby G.
On 12/31/2011 1:03 AM, Robert Green wrote:

I believe the difference is Obama, who is the President of my country, says, "I did it" and Bush, the former President of my country said "Our men and women in the military did it." The P.L.L.C.F. hysterically claim that President Obama killed OSBL. The military and intelligence agencies never stopped looking for OSBL and just happened to find him during President Obama's term. Our military delivered the goods, I'm glad President Obama didn't stop them. ^_^
TDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYmK19-d0U

Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world, the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.
--
Dan Espen

On 12/31/2011 9:02 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

The teleprompter told him to say that. ^_^
TDD

Recklessly speeding downhill with no brakes.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4848259-503544.html
There's one reason above all others that President Obama uses a teleprompter in delivering most of his speeches: he's good at it.
Ronald Reagan was the same way. He was more at ease in reading his speech off the dual screens of a teleprompter than looking up and down at a speech text on his lectern
Not so, George W. Bush. He often got that nervous, deer-in-the-headlights look when giving an address from a teleprompter. He would seem stiff and ill-at-ease. He did not convey a sense of understanding.
"He preferred using large index cards," said his one-time White House Press Secretary Ari Fleisher, "plus I think he was just more comfortable with the cards."
It's definitely a finely honed skill to deliver a speech from a teleprompter (seen in the top right corner of the above picture from Mr. Obama's speech today in Columbus, Ohio). It takes as much if not more focus or concentration than reading a paper copy.
--
Dan Espen

On 12/31/2011 12:42 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

But he's so funny without a teleprompter. No, I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats are special, they horrify me. ^_^
TDD

in
More lefty lies. (Nothing new to see here, folks. Move along.

in
Stupid to bother, but...
I've apparently lied. Since trader isn't specific, all I know is that I've posted "lies" (more than one). So:
1) raise taxes on lowest income brackets 2) lower taxes on upper income brackets 3) complain non-stop about the deficits
I'm going to guess that number 3 is a commonly accepted fact. If anyone thinks that the party in question hasn't raised holy hell about the deficits raise your hand. ... Nope no one.
So we're disputing the facts of the various republican tax plans?
I remember when Cain came up with his 999 plan. Instead of a graduated tax rate, we had everyone paying 9%. I guess that's nothing like points 1 and 2 above???
--
Dan Espen

in
But being incredibly stupid, you will anyway.

It's hard to refute a one-line lie claiming other people are liars.

Bad guess. The right is again "re-righting" (sic) history, painting the guys that *helped* run up the deficit as watchdogs and stalwart guardians of the treasury. With the Great War Fairy covering the AfRaq expenses, they try persuading people that their hands are clean and every dime they spend is carefully considered. They're all for tax cuts - unless Obama is for them. The party of "whatever you're for, we're against."

They are like brave Paul Revere, raising the alarm!

Fortune plays a mournful tune For those whose campaign peaks too soon
Most interest in the flat tax seems to have followed Herman into oblivion.
Unfortunately, for the Party of Opposites, the "Iran problem" is going to ramp up very soon and stimulate the economy just before the election - perhaps even providing a decisive October victory. American Presidential elections are often all about the crisis of the preceding month and the state of the economy the day before voting.
-- Bobby G.

Energy, "green" or otherwise, won't do you any good without markets, trade, and the freedom to use them.

Bush is just as much of a "decider" as you are, now. Funny, you lefties are still blaming him for the weather.

Lefties are all jokes, but none are at all funny.
On Dec 23, 2:30am, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

During the winter, I really like those 100W incandescents. I can put my hands over them and get my fingers all toasty. In fact, if I paint them black, they work especially well. Thank goodness for these high efficiency heaters that conveniently screw right into an Edison socket. The fact that some light comes out of them, in addition to a whole lot of heat, doesn't bother me too much. Those CFLs just don't do the job. Need to get some of those Amish woodworkers to make some nice housings for a slew of those wonderful 100W bulbs. Why, they could cut my heating bill in half!
How dare the government tell me how I have to heat my house! I've got to stock up on these lovely items before they get banned.
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:39:23 -0800 (PST), Frank Foder

Maybe you should get one of them amazing super high efficiency infrared quartz EdenPUKE Gen4 heaters? They have EdenBLOW Direct Air technology.
I think they're engineered and designed in the USA by Chinese Amish people.
They must be good cuz both Bob Villa and Richard Korn swear by them.
4ax.com:

100V, 12.5A. What's the formula again? Ah, Volt times amp. Must be 115, 12 Amp, so 1380 Watt. Say it is on 16 hours/day minimum. That means 16*1380/1000"kWh which at 18 cents/kWh is $4/day. Not bad. How much room does that heat? Oh, 1000 sq feet. Hope that is true. Oh, the unot costs ~$355 ...
--
Best regards
Han