How many 100W Incandescent light bulbs do you have stocked up?

What's good for the individual, writ large, is good for the country. What's good for the country, at the smallest level, is bad for the individual.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:Fo6dnbnLgKq0-GXTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Here I have to disagree. It seems good for the individual to get tax exemptions and/or subsidies, but sometimes it isn't good for the country. I believe laws underlying economic policies with benefits to groups or individuals should have automatic sunsets in them after a maximum of 5 years or so. I'd like to see them minimized as much as possible. That may eventually include mortgage deductions (my home is almost paid off).

Reply to
Han

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

You do realize which party wants to eliminate most deductions, loopholes, simplify the tax code while simulaneously reducing rates? And which party won't even discuss it?

Reply to
trader4

" snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q11g2000vbq.googlegroups.com:

I'm hoping that a more fair tax structure will result ... That's the party I am supporting, not the party that wants tax breaks for the rich and powerful (corporations). .

Reply to
Han

Energy, "green" or otherwise, won't do you any good without markets, trade, and the freedom to use them.

Bush is just as much of a "decider" as you are, now. Funny, you lefties are still blaming him for the weather.

Lefties are all jokes, but none are at all funny.

Reply to
krw

The problem with the whole concept of "fair" is who gets to decide the matter. You lefties can't be trusted with *any* decisions.

Reply to
krw

innews:Fo6dnbnLgKq0-GXTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

More lefty lies. (Nothing new to see here, folks. Move along.

Reply to
krw

I have two 100W incandescents in the house (the garage, actually). Since they will be illegal in a few days, I just bought 100 from 1000Bulbs, though.

About the same. I don't have a problem with the market speaking. I *do* have a problem with the losers in Congress deciding what's good for me.

Zero. I had a few in my last house. Didn't like them at *all*.

Reply to
krw

No incandescents in stock here. But I have most of 2 cases of CFL's

18 bulbs a case, 60 watt equivalent, Feit brand. Son picked up 4 cases a Menards for 5 bucks each and gave us 2 of them. That's 28 cents a bulb. I've got all CFL in the house except a couple old bulbs in the basement, and some "special use" in appliances and cabinets. I live a bit north of Chicago. It gets cold. My outside garage doorway light is a CFL. My front porch light is a CFL. They work fine in the winter. Take a few minutes to get to speed. Doesn't bother me. All tube fluorescent in the garage. They take a few minutes to warm up too. Got CALl's in shaded lamps, globe ceiling fixtures, tulip ceiling fixtures on fans, and a 5 bare-bulb strip over the bathroom vanity. The bare CALl's are much easier on our eyes than incandescents. As far as pigtails being ugly, I never even thought about that. Never was one to measure the beauty of light bulbs. But I have easily wiped off a few dusty incandescents in my life. That would be a hassle with a pigtail. On the other hand, my son is a truck suspension shop mechanic. The pit lights and portable work lights are CFL's now because they don't pop like incandescents when hit by oil or water spatter.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with phasing out the selling of some incandescents. Seen various numbers about energy savings. And I don't see anything wrong with stocking up on the incandescents if that's what you like. To the guy always complaining about his barn light, he doesn't even have to stockpile. Just go to a 150 watt incandescent there.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Fair is in the eyes of the beholder. I don't think it is fair that the "1%" (note my quotes) keep getting richer and richer and that the middle class is getting poorer and poorer. Because it is only happening because the laws are written by the rich. IMO (humble or not) that is a very, very dangerous course for the rich to be on.

Reply to
Han

innews:Fo6dnbnLgKq0-GXTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Stupid to bother, but...

I've apparently lied. Since trader isn't specific, all I know is that I've posted "lies" (more than one). So:

1) raise taxes on lowest income brackets 2) lower taxes on upper income brackets 3) complain non-stop about the deficits

I'm going to guess that number 3 is a commonly accepted fact. If anyone thinks that the party in question hasn't raised holy hell about the deficits raise your hand. ... Nope no one.

So we're disputing the facts of the various republican tax plans?

I remember when Cain came up with his 999 plan. Instead of a graduated tax rate, we had everyone paying 9%. I guess that's nothing like points 1 and 2 above???

Reply to
Dan Espen

You can move to Somalia or many other places if you have a problem with the U.S. Constitution and U.S. form of government. People do that all the time, don't they? But your point is taken. Here's a Congressman who proves that point.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Oh come on! You know it's not Politically Correct to pick on Affirmative Action morons because they are the products of a government school education. Whenever you point out the deficiencies of that group, someone's going to scream RACIST at you. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The "rich" (note my quotes) are producing. The deadbeats are sucking.

Bullshit. Why has the percentage of the taxes paid by "the rich" been constantly rising? Why do you consider that "fair"? If you taxed "the rich" at 100%, how much more is there for "the 99%"?

The more you lefties talk the dumber you look.

Reply to
krw

innews:Fo6dnbnLgKq0-GXTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

But being incredibly stupid, you will anyway.

Reply to
krw

Vic, it sounded stupid when the "America, Love It or Leave It" crowd said it. It's even more stupid when the supposedly "enlightened" lefties say the

*exact* same thing. You're proving my point, so I suppose I should thank you.
Reply to
krw

FTFY

Reply to
JimT

Only an incredible fool forges quotes. Lefties certainly qualify. Good job of proving my points. Thank you!

Reply to
krw

Sure thing. You made an obvious mistake. Must be difficult with that lamp shoved up your ass and all.

Reply to
JimT

I just got done fighting with a LED christmas display. Only half the display was working. It took several hours to find the problem. Three dead LEDs were the result. Yeah, China made crap. This display has only been used for one christmas season and a few days (about 400 hours). I have now replaced 5 leds. The display has about 80 to 100 lights. That's a pretty poor rate of reliability. I thought LEDs were supposed to last for years. No, i wont pay $25 or even $10 for one of them.

The CFLs are severely overrated for life span too. I have only had one bulb that exceeded the life of an incandescent. That was one of the first CFLs ever made. It was not a curly like the ones today, it was long and straight. It lasted 8 years turned on almost 24/7. it might still work if someone had not smashed it when moving the refrigerator. These curly CFLs are short lived, and I've had 2 of them now literally blow sparks and smoke. The cheaper they get, the shorter they last.

Reply to
jw