How long does tiling take?

Hi guys,
This may be an odd question, but how long does it take to tile a shower? Just a regular stand-up shower, 3.5 feet wide, 8 feet high? I ask because I've hired someone to do it and it's taking forever. It makes me wonder whether I had any idea just how big a job this was or whether this guy just works incredibly slow.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matthew
A real tile guy would knock that out before lunch but it is probably a 2 day job for a homeowner. You will set the tile one day and grout it the next, spending more time sponging than grouting no doubt.
Probably just real slow and may not know what he is doing. However, preparation to start tiling can take a while if it is a mess to begin with. Once that is done the actual tile setting and grouting goes fast.

On 2004-08-31 20:03:49 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mya70) said:

Our tile guy is an artist. It took him a half a day to figure out exactly how he was going to do the job (this included the shower, the walls, the floor, a pattern in the floor, hand cut "sizzle strips" and a chair rail. It took him about four days to complete the job. He & I worked closely on the look of everything, from the brick pattern layout of the tiles on the walls, to where the little indigo diamonds would go on the floor. This is a small bathroom with a lot of weird angles. The job he did is perfect. We have a beautiful new bathroom that also fits in perfectly with a 1929 house.
He did have the shower tile done in a day, but didn't grout & seal until everything was done. He also had a helper.

Just
whether I

Let's see...
Step 1: Put up the backerboard: 1-2 hours
Step 2: Install the tile 1/2-1 day.
Step 3: Grout: 1 hr
Step 4: Seal grout: Depends on process used. Some processes require repeated coats over several days.
The bottom line is that it is a day to a day and a half job, plus sealing the grout.
KB
Thank you to everyone who answered. I really appreciate the assistance.
Matthew
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mya70) wrote:

We just a shower (walls, curb, and floor, including the installation of a mud base) and bath floor (about 5'x9') installed. It took one guy two long days (8 am to 7 pm). -- Doug
replying to Mya70, Chris wrote:

Just
It's a 3 day job 1st day backer board, under layment, mud bed and set the curb 2nd day tile 3rd grout. If you got a good job what does it matter?
replying to Mya70, Chris wrote:

Just
It's a 3 day job 1st day backer board, under layment, mud bed and set the curb 2nd day tile 3rd grout. If you got a good job what does it matter?
On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 8:44:06 PM UTC-5, Chris wrote:

Welllllll, if Myra has not gotten that tiling job completed since it was first posted on 8/31/04 I wouldn't worry about answering the question after eleven (11) years.
On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 22:31:18 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

Eleven years is slow for a tile job. At this point I'd kick his ass out and get someone else to finish. I just hope she is not paying by the hour.