How I think the economy will go and why

Page 3 of 3
Douglas Johnson wrote:

I confused; what does expense have to do with anything? If we can spend money to run the country on sunbeams we can mandate pocket money to reduce our energy demand to that which can be supplied by sunbeams.
After all, it's for the children, for the whales, for a greener, more sustainable planet.
Here's the text: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c111:3:./temp/~c111gyoUT0:e400671 :
You'll note that we'll have to conform to the International Energy Conservation Code
Get your copy here: http://www.iccsafe.org/e/prodshow.html?prodid800S06

when did reason ever stop Obama and the DemocRATS?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

OK, thats better, NEW construction only, applied to existing homes it would bankrupt the existing housing market.

Phil scott
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:46:28 -0500, Douglas Johnson

I've been checking, as I'm on a pension and a fixed income.
"Eric Martell writes:
Among other provisions that control nearly every aspect of our lives, the Waxman-Markley energy bill has a requirement that forces the entire United States to use a National Building Code based on the green building standards of California. Regardless of whether your house is in Miami, Florida or Bangor, Maine, you'll have to adhere to the standards used in a state that has one of the most moderate climates in the U.S. The construction industry is really going to suffer."
I really don't know anybody in DC that speaks the truth.
Things in Las Vegas will not work in Two Egg, Florida.
A National Building Code? Does the bill say that?

Check with primary sources, such as the bill itself. I'm convinced these bloggers have never seen it.

He's wrong. Or at least he is seriously mis-interpreting the bill.

Sure won't. But the bill does not require anything like that.

The bill requires the development of a national energy building code that sets standards for saving energy relative to the current international building code, not California.
-- Doug
rnal-september.org:

now! that will be exciting! is that really the case? Unbelievable if it is. it will sure as hell keep us semi retired contractor types busy as hell though.
Phil Scott

.
that is correct... and home owners are also currently being affected by the economic mess, staying strictly with how to fix ones toilet, does little to fuel discussion on a NG.
Phil scott

Ive semi retired as a mech /electrical engr. and currently do my own and a few commcl building repairs...Im not so bad at it. in some aspects I can be of significant help.
Your situation apparently is that you misconstrue an off topic post as a troll... those are two different animals.... USENET rules btw encourage a degree of off topic posts, as broader human interest.. 20% or so is the number mentioned.
You personally, appear to have a desire to trash others... friend, that backfires internally on its host,,, you are suffering from that. but its reversible by obvious measures.
I wish you well in these regards,
Phil scott