How hard is it to install a new dishwasher?

I have bought a new dishwasher to replace the one in my house we just bought, Wife thinks I should get a pro to do it, but I can't see it being that hard.
Any thoughts on installing one.
Thanks
Very Easy. You can do it.
Usually only 1 or 2 screws holding it in to the underside of the counter. Other than that, it's just leveling it, connecting the water and power.
Follow the instructions, take your time..... very easy.
try taking the other one out. if you can pull that off, you can install one.
randy

I was intimidated by the dishwasher. Then the one in our rental took a header. We were ready for a better one in our house. So, I took the one in the rental out. It was toast, and nothing to mess up.
Then I took the one in our house out. Having taken two out, I knew pretty much what to do. I installed our used one in the rental. Then we got the new one for our house. Installation was easy. You just have to get the fittings on there right. (there is only one) You might have to take the wires from the old one and transpose them to the new one. (new ones come without wires, if you can figger that out) You might have to use the old water fittings from the old washer. Getting it centered and level in the cabinet takes a few minutes, but ain't rocket surgery.
I think I could make a good living out of installing dishwashers at $85 per. It would take longer to get from job to job than to install. I guess the upside is that you would have to deal with housewives that are home alone ....................
Steve
Did my first one recently, very easy! Tool me about 1/2 hour. Save yourself a few $$ and DIY.
Felix

Hello giterdun,
Read this web page, It should answer a LOT of your questions: http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/kitchen/dishwasher/install/new1.htm
Hope that was of some help....Jim
get your free ipod to install it you spammer scum every web forum and usenet group is filled with morons like you posting their ponzi scheme bullshit
where do you install the ipod on the dishwasher?
randy

giterdun wrote:

Hi,
A good place to read for R&Ring a d/w..... http://tinyurl.com/6r2td
Hope it helps :)
On 2/8/2005 11:00 AM US(ET), giterdun took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I have replaced my dishwasher myself, but I know my limitations. I don't know yours. There are three things to disconnect and then hook back up: The fill hose, the drain hose, and the electric power. In my case the electric was just a matter of plugging it into the wall outlet behind the DW. Then there are the two screws to secure it to the underside of the countertop.
--
Bill

You can do it. If it is the same brand and the water connection is in the same place, that makes it even easier. I've done a few of them over the years. Last summer I paid the dealer $85 to deliver, install, and take the old one away. At my age I'm willing to pay rather than crawl around the floor and into the sink cabinet. Eighteen years ago I was more agile and saving the money was more important.
Hey thanks for all the Help...
I'm gonna give it a shot.

If you get a chance, let us know how you made out with it.