How hard is it to add a small corner seat to an existing shower stall?

Page 2 of 2

The specs give a 250 lb. capacity. Must be a safety factor in there too. My wife uses a similr one with no problem and the height is adjustable.

Mine was height adjustable too.
--
Best regards
Han

Just keep in mind that shower floors aren't level. They slope at varying angles towards the drain.
This could be a slight issue with anything that you build or buy - it might rock or wobble.
You didn't say if the floor was tiled or not. If it's fiberglass, and if I wasn't sure if there was a firm concrete bed under it, I'd avoid anything with narrow, pointed legs.
On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 08:53:54 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

The floor is tiled. I think it's laid on the subflooring. We've had some people of "above average" weight in there, so I think 4 legs with fairly wide, rubber feet should be OK.

OP-
Looks like the group consensus is buy vs build (wood or tile).
The unit that Oren linked to appears to be a design with 3 feet......no wobble.
A shower retrofit (demo, frame, tile) is going to cost at least 10x what a purchased seat would cost.
Is the shower stall large enough for a seat? My tile guy talked me out of a tiled / in shower seat.......shower stall was not big enough. 32 x 42 neo-corner
My suggestion, buy one from http://www.allegromedical.com & you're done.
cheers Bob

Hey Bob. In this instance (OP's above-average weight shower occupants), four legs would certainly be safer. A little wobble you can live with (and those chairs aren't stiff enough to resist racking, anyway), but going ass over tea kettle in a shower you might not live with.

I agree but that three footed corner stool that Oren lined to looked pretty stable.
I did miss "above average weight" comment.
cheers Bob