How flat for laminate countertops?

Greetings, While attempting to level the joint between the glued on oak edging and the plywood counter top, I accidentally sanded some of the plywood and created subtle undulations that follow the different grains on the plywood. How flat does it have to be or what can I use to fill these ' voids ' ?

Reply to
handhillsrancher

It must be very flat. No voids. Although you can get away with having voids under the laminate, if you should drop anything on that particular spot, then you will have a cracked laminate countertop. Voids are easy to fill with rock hard water putty. Overfill, then lightly hand sand until flat.

Reply to
Robert Allison