How fast should interior temperature drop?

You've got insulation that is way beyond most of us. And you confirmed what I was saying, "you have to know all the factors to make a comparison." Sorry I missed the wind in the first comment and it would sure account for a much more rapid heat loss. No lights on in my house at night, but the comment on my garage failed to note that I have a freezer that would provide some heat. Don't know how much. We heat a well insulated building about 8' by 8' with a 7' ceiling (one window and door) with a 100W bulb. In most cases it stays at 40-50 degrees with less than 12 hours of light time down to 5-10 degrees. Below 0 we usually run a small heater set at 45 degrees but it doesn't come on very often.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I did a test the other night. Unfortunatly it got warmer outside than when i originally asked.

Pretty consistently 20F oustide all night. Not windy when we went to sleep but very windy in the morning. Furnace turned completely off.

Temp at midnight was about 66F in bedroom and 66F near thermostat. Temp at 8am was 60.5 in bedroom and 61.5 near thermostat.

Kevin

Reply to
kevins_news

At 20 you only lost 5 degrees in 8 hrs , Im loosing 1-1.5 at 20 no wind, but i also only tested one hr. Temp wont fall at a linear rate , but i do have alot of glass and a fireplace that is really an airconditioner as well as the stairway pours cold air downstairs. And I only tested the living room. My bills are real low but I see I have problems I havnt been able to fix. Old leaky houses can be a pain.

Reply to
m Ransley

Sounds like you have it under control.

Reply to