How effective is the National Do Not Call Registry?

Page 1 of 3
From the web site......... Scammers have been making phone calls claiming to represent the National Do Not Call Registry. The calls claim to provide an opportunity to sign up for the Registry. These calls are not coming from the Registry or the Federal Trade Commission, and you should not respond to these calls. https://www.donotcall.gov/
A message from the Department of Redundancy Dept.
Seymore4Head wrote:

Hi, Here in Canada it fizzled off, done nothing. Unwanted calls are ever so increasing, real pain in the b#**. Now I screen calls with answering machine.
We are on the list, and still get 3-5 calls per day. Latest ones show addr ess and telephone number of our local city government as the calling party, but it's just another credit card scam. Going to call the sheriff and pol ice depts about the use of official name and phone number
On 6/28/2014 12:30 AM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I find it very effective for most calls, but there are the few that ignore it. We get frequent calls from Card Services and from security alarm places.

I used to be a real zealot in sending the AG's office information when people called me. They usually ended up sending me stuff that said the people were untraceable VOIP phones. Most of the time I was ratting out local small businesses and that seemed unfair. Now, I only rat the businesses that continue to call me after I ask them to stop. Although I am considering a policy to turn in every roofing contractor that calls me after a hail storm. '
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Friday, June 27, 2014 5:15:18 PM UTC-4, Seymore4Head wrote:

It certainly used to be a lot more effective than it is today. I get an awful lot of junk calls. Some to my cell phone, as well.
I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that this tailing off in effectiveness is at least to some extent due to lack of enforcement funds. Remember the sequester?
On 06/28/2014 04:19 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

Telescammers have moved their robodialer operations off US soil so they are essentially untouchable by the US government.
On 6/27/2014 5:15 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:

Whole thing totally sucks. I have a business phone that I quit answering. Calls can come from anywhere in the world and US govt. can's do diddly.
On 6/27/2014 5:15 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:

I had a call several weeks ago from some local home improvement company - "Have you ever thought about improving your home". My response "have you ever thought about the fact that I'm on the not call list?". He claimed that the list of numbers they bought were supposed to have been cleaned to remove the DNC numbers. HA - get your money back! I do have to say though that I haven't gotten a call from that particular company lately.
On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 17:56:46 -0400, Frank

It's not that our government can't do diddly it's that you-know-who is too busy fund raising to give a crap.

Oh goody! Another phony scandal fabricated by a rightwing retard!
On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 13:19:32 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck

Up here in Canada it's never been effective at all. If I was cynical I'd think they sold the list to telemarketing firms as a "sucker list".
How effective is DoNotCall?
It's so effective that the number of unsolicited calls to my landline & cell has gone up EXPONENTIALLY since I registered them!

You don't even know what "exponentially" means.
On 06/29/2014 07:49 AM, None wrote:

Is his statement incorrect or are you just a self-appointed usenet nitpicker?
Chuck Finley wrote: "8:42 AMChuck Finley - show quoted text - Is his statement incorrect or are you just a self-appointed usenet nitpicker? "
Oh so you know about 'None' too? Use the search skills I'm sure you have, and find ANY IP addresses connected to him/her, and REPORT them to the authorities.
This prick follows me all over usenet deriding everything I post.

What authorities? The ombudsman at usenet.gov? The NSA? The puking kitty department at the local Petco?

If you had half a brain, you'd remember why I don't like you. But half a brain is more than you can muster.

No, really, he has no idea what it means. He's bragged that he can't add 2 and 2 together. He likes to use big words, and he capitalizes them to make up for the fact that he doesn't understand him.

If he only got one, no difference. If he gor 2 and now gets 4, or 3 and now gets 9, it's exponential to the power of 2.
To the 3rd and 4th exponent would be a stretch though- - - -

He might understand 1. Once the numbers get as big a 2, li'l Krissie is lost.