How Ductless Split System Dehumidifies a Room?

I am wondering how a ductless split system air conditioner dehumidifies a room. I can understand that window air conditioner extracts moisture from air and drip the water outdoor from the back of the air conditioner. I can also understand that a central air conditioner with ductwork can expel water into a drain or something. But I don't understand how the indoor blower of a ductless split system deals with indoor moisture. Does it need a drain hose to drain the water elsewhere?
Thanks for any info in advance.
Jay Chan

There is still a drain that either goes outside or into an interior drain somewhere....

Yes, there's typically a drain line in with the refrigerant lines. The installation manuals for many models are available online. Here's one example:
http://www.york.com/products/unitary/minisplit/FTP/CommercialInformation/Ch apter5/Installation_Manual-perfect.pdf
You may have to paste that link back together.
Doug
Hi snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, hope you are having a nice day
On 13-Jun-05 At About 22:57:37, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote to All Subject: How Ductless Split System Dehumidifies a Room?
j> From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
j> I am wondering how a ductless split system air conditioner j> dehumidifies a room. I can understand that window air conditioner j> extracts moisture from air and drip the water outdoor from the back j> of the air conditioner. I can also understand that a central air j> conditioner with ductwork can expel water into a drain or something. j> But I don't understand how the indoor blower of a ductless split j> system deals with indoor moisture. Does it need a drain hose to j> drain the water elsewhere?
Yes, along with the refrigerant lines going through the wall behind the air handler there is also a drain line. Most units also run the fan a bit slower to allow for more humidity removal.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
... "I lost a button hole today. Where am I gonna find another one?"- s.w.
I've installed a couple of these. Yes, it needs a drain. The drain tube goes out the same direction as the freon tubing, in most cases.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus