How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

Page 16 of 16
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net scrit:

He said they all said the same thing so he probably googled the sentence. It's logical. There's nothing wrong with finding multiple references that were vetted by multiple people that say the same thing.
You seem to have a personal problem.
On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:10:18 PM UTC-5, Harold W. wrote:

You seem to not understand electricity. And Danny doesn't have multiple references that were vetted by multiple people. All I see is one original, that traces back to the website "How stuff works." That a bunch of people link to it, means not a wit. The only source that he has that might have some credibility is the assoc prof at a junior college. But again, you don't have the prof saying a damn thing, just a link back to the same old thing. Unless I missed something. We don't even know if the prof put that link up there, or it was a TA at the junior college, etc. And take a look at what Bud just posted, where he shows the author of the piece doesn't understand the difference between a neutral and ground. Apparently you don't either, because you made another post where you said it doesn't matter.
On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 05:51:46 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico

There is some incidental current going back through the ground but there is also a neutral wire on the pole wherever you have wye distribution.
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Feed%20on%20Pinetree%20Lane.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/transformer.jpg
They use delta distribution on the long haul lines so there is no real ground current.
On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:09:26 -0500, someone wrote:

Why are all three of mine insulated?
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/10915925156_0e21cf1404_o.gif