How does a Smellphone work?

Someone told me they have a smellphone. I guess thats for smelling other people or their house or something like that. But how does it work?
snipped-for-privacy@dakota.com wrote:

Just guessing probably a sensor drjven ASIC which includes AI, fuzzy logic and microprocessor. Likewise there will be in the future TV sets which will look at you, the viewer.

You mean that my TV isn't watching me now? I can stop wearing these silly disguises?
That's going to make my life a lot easier.

You wipe yer ass with it and hand it to someone to use.
Smellphones work just like a cellphones, but instead of having a ring tone, they fart to alert you of an incoming call.
So, if you're on a crowded elevator and you hear a loud fart, if no one answers their phone then it's the real McCoy.
--
nestork

Who nose? When we get the poop, I'll probably odor me one. Go find the mall store that smells them.