How does 2 stage furnace work?

Since there is only one heat exchanger and one orifice size on the burners does the gas pressure from the valve have 2 settings?

How is the temp rise maintained across the Hx with a 40% difference in btu output?

Could one manually convert a single stage furnace by reducing the gas pressure by turning down the valve to lower the firing rate?

Reply to
HL

All I can say is.............."Wow"! I can only imagine this backyard abortion project over a case of beer. Let us know how it turns out. On second thought, never mind. I'll probably be reading about it in the obituaries. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba