How do you use an Indesit FV10KIXGB Oven with no temp markings?! Help!

Hi there, I've recently moved and inherited an Indesit oven. However there's no markings on it to say which switch is the oven/grill/fan etc. There are three rotatable switches, the LHS is to turn the oven on, the middle is temp control and the RHS is the timer. Other than that I have no idea and have alredy ruined several dinners! Any help would be great. Thanks.

Reply to
Rae

Just start marking the temp for yourself. Put a thermometer in the oven and adjust the control until you get a steady 300 degrees or whatever and go from there. It really should not take long. You will be more accurate than many people that assume the dial setting is correct.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Hi,

Maybe the previous owner washed off the writting from the ?knobs? or ?control panal?

A copy: Indesit in the United Kingdom is part of Indesit Company UK Ltd which also owns the brands of Hotpoint, Creda, Cannon and Ariston. With the strength and popularity of the Hotpoint brand in the UK, the after-sales service division of Indesit Company UK is known as 'Hotpoint Service'. By following the link below for information about our after-sales service operation for Indesit, you will be transferred to our dedicated 'Hotpoint Service' website. Here, amongst other things you will be able to book a service engineer, order spare parts and accessories, download instruction booklets, purchase an extended warranty or contact our after-sales service operation.

I hope they can help :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I woulda said put an oven thermometer in. Turn to some random setting, and then see what the temp is. Write a line, and that temp number (in sharpie).

Advance knob a bit, and do it all again.

Start on the cool end, easier ot make an oven hotter than to make it cooler.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon