how do you tell if you have "Low-E windows"?

Hello folks, We are looking at a house built here in Central Texas, was built in 2001 and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to tell if the windows have "LowE" glass in them...Is there any way to tell after the fact? Thanks! John

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:c68ikq$7un$ snipped-for-privacy@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

Shine a heat lamp on one side from about a foot away, and use your hand to feel how much heat can be felt from the other side. Plain glass blocks almost none of the heat, while low-E glass will block a lot of the heat. How much heat gets blocked will depend on how "good" the low-E windows are.

Reply to
Murray Peterson