how do you remove terrazzo floor

We are going to lay tile in the whole house and we want the floor to be the all same level. Part of the house - the two bathrooms and the entryway - have terrazzo poured over the slab foundadation. We need to decide if it is easier to remove the terrazzo floor or to raise the surrounding floor to the same height so we can tile over it and have a nice level surface. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
To remove it would be an awful lot of work to say the least. What is the difference in the various floor heights? If it's around 3/4" or more you might consider a traditional mortar bed on the lower floors to bring it even with the terrazzo floors. If you have a wooden subfloor you may be able to use backerboard to make up the difference in height insytead of the mortar bed.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I would like to see "poured" terrazzo. Sounds interesting.