How do you remove Mastic

The previous owner glued a rug to the tile floor (1 inch square tiles) of the bathroom. The glue is brown and looks like Mastic. I want to rip up the rug and remove the mastic residue. However whatever method I use, I do not want to damage the tiles. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Robert

hot air gun chemicals dry ice
Might try soaking ith water and then scraping.

try goof off, somehow it removes everything