How do you remove Mastic

The previous owner glued a rug to the tile floor (1 inch square tiles) of the bathroom. The glue is brown and looks like Mastic. I want to rip up the rug and remove the mastic residue. However whatever method I use, I do not want to damage the tiles. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Robert

Reply to
Nospam

hot air gun chemicals dry ice

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Might try soaking ith water and then scraping.

Reply to
noname87

Try some paint thinner, AKA mineral spirits.

Reply to
NickySantoro

try goof off, somehow it removes everything

Reply to
hallerb