How do you program a remote garage opener?

Hello everyone,

I bought another remote opener, and I matched the dip switch settings against the ones on the garage opener. And it works fine.

I was under the impression that my existing remote would "adjust" itself to the new setting, but that's not the case. And it doesn't work now. It has no dip switches inside. How do I reprogram it? I lost my paperwork.

Thanks.

Christine Fellows

Reply to
Christine Fellows

Usually you have to push a button on the opener or the wired switch to turn it into learn mode. Go to

and search for your opener's brand on the internet. Hopefully the instructions will be on the manufacturer's site.

Reply to
Art

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 04:26:35 GMT "Christine Fellows" used 14 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Probably is a 'smart' remote. Hold down the button on the x-mitter and press the 'learn' button on the receiver.

And it would help greatly if we didn't have to read your mind as to what equipment you have....

Reply to
G. Morgan

And the winner of this month's Darwin award is:....

Anyone who throws away the "paperwork" before seeing if it works should not be driving anyway.

Reply to
curmudgeon