How do you make a Power Cord Spring?

I am replacing the power cord on a Radial Arm Saw and unfortuately, the manufacturer does not just supply the cord but you have to buy the cord with the motor. The power cord is coiled (like a spring) so as the saw moves across the arm, the cord is stretched and as it moves back, the cord contracts into a tight spring and stays out of the way. I plan on getting an extension cord to replace the bad one, but the question is: How do you make a straight cord to contain a permanent coil?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Brad wrote:

Try a post to rec.woodworking but post the brand and model number.
You can't. There is a separate "spring" material and design inside those cords to make them spiral like that, and they have to be manufactured that way. You'll have to buy a cord of the same type in order to successfully replace it.
HTH Pop

Correct. You may get lucky scouting for a dead saw and rob the cord though.
Do a Google search for "retractile power cords"
You should find something to use or adapt.
Charlie

Thanks everyone for the help. I found a company that sells these types of cords on the internet at: http://www.whitneyblake.com/OrderForm.html
They were pleasant to deal with and promised a quick delivery time.
Thanks again for your help.

I don't think I will ever have a use for it; be glad to send it to you for $5 to cover expenses.
Brad writes:

Buy a coiled extension cord at Home Depot, and cannibalize.

Before they invented self-coiling cords, didn't they use a plain cord with a spring holding up the center of it. (Yes, they did, maybe not on RASes but eleswhere.)
buy a coiled extension and butcher it into the cord you need.
--
Steve Barker