How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

Page 6 of 6

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 05:36:26 +0000 (UTC), Brent

I tried downloading the one for the All in One. That downloaded OK.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:18:21 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Thanks Mark, It turned out to be something (as yet still unexplained) on my side that wouldn't allow me to download the HP printer drivers.
But, in the end, it didn't matter because the TWAIN drivers for the scanners aren't available on the HP web site.
Thanks, Brent
Brent wrote:

It is pretty easy to find drivers on HP website - need model name and number. Did your printer EVER have the capability to save documents in PDF format? I have a Cannon scanner and the driver allows saving but not editing in PDF format.
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:37:53 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

While it's easy to "find" the drivers, it's frustratingly impossible to actually DOWNLOAD them from the HP web site! :(
I have been trying for two days to simply download a single driver off the HP web site for the WinXP LaserJet 3200m and failed every time.
Can ANYONE download that driver off the HP web site? http://tinyurl.com/ye47hqk
Brent wrote:

I got their PDL driver okay (although HP has a piss-poor reputation for drivers).
Maybe your firewall is getting in the way?
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 05:33:57 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

I think I'll disable everything (firewall, antivirus, popupblockers, activex enabled, etc.) and keep trying ...
Some reported they could download the drivers at http://tinyurl.com/y9m742c
Others reported that the HP "site was unavailable"; so I think it might be a flaky site altogether.
Brent wrote:

I had no trouble at all navigating the site or downloading on several diffent tries....if you are on Comcast, that might explain it. POS.
Brent wrote:

I just downloaded the original driver on my clunky, slow dialup connection. Took about a minute. I can't imagine what you are doing wrong in downloading, unless your firewall or super busy traffic blocked the download.
One of the help documents for your printer says that the default format for scan-to-email is PDF.....have your tried that? http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId 0&prodSeriesId$354&prodTypeId972&prodSeriesId$354&objectID=bpl08525
If your printer is 8 years old, you may have different versions of stuff, like OCR or Acrobat, that aren't compatible. I've had 3 HP printers and never had trouble getting them to do what I want. Canon Cannoscan, about 6 mos old, about $80, does everything...scan and save in many resolutions and formats, including PDF. Can't edit the PDF, of course, in Acrobat Reader. Tried your scan-to-email to see if PDF works that way?
There is a bunch of downloadables at the link below, including "Point and Print Bundle", whatever the heck that is: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId (035&prodTypeId972&prodSeriesId$354&swLang=8&taskId5&swEnvOID"8
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:02:32 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId 0&prodSeriesId$354&prodTypeId972&prodSeriesId$354&objectID=bpl08525
Once I get the scanner working ... I will try that as it's just what the MD ordered.
The problem now is finding and getting the LaserJet 3200m "TWAIN" driver at the HP site: http://tinyurl.com/y9m742c
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:36:57 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

It wasn't easy, and it took two days, but thanks to you, I can write how to scan color files to PDF on an HP laserjet 3200m black and white printer.
1. SAVE the original CD that comes with the HP 3200m printer!!!!!!
Note: Step 1 cannot be stressed enough; HP TWAIN drivers are not on the HP web site! You can ONLY get the TWAIN drivers by calling HP support or by finding a CDROM on the Internet (which I found out at http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit 9447627+1266179829676+28353475&threadId0340 ).
2. Once you install the HP TWAIN drivers, then (and only then), obtain and install a copy of scan2PDF 1.7 freeware.
3. Simply place the document(s) in the HP printer feed tray to be scanned and press the scan button on scan2PDF (after selecting the HP printer as your scan source).
4. When scanning is done, simply press the scan2PDF save button to save the scanned documents as a PDF file.
Voila!

You are such a fucktard. Any unborn child knows this.