How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

Page 5 of 6

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:36:33 -0800, Melissa Andrade wrote:

Complaint sent to above. Abuse of newsgroup. I hope they yank your Internet access, *you spamming asshole!!!*
--
R.I.P to Dead Tull Morons
http://tr.im/1f74

Some of them are printers that also scan.
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:36:57 +0000 (UTC), Brent

You need a program that will create a .pdf file from the scanned image. Adobe Acrobat is the most widely known, but it'll cost ya. You can get a freeware program called PDF Creator from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/files/PDFCreator/PDFCreator%200.9.9/PDFCreator-0_9_9_setup.exe/download
You scan your document and select "Print to PDF" (or something to that effect), and name the created file and save it.

My inexpensive USB Cannon scanner came with PDF software that I have even used so your HP might well have also.
You label yours as a printer copier. Does it offer the option to save the scan somewhere on your computer?
Colbyt
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:26:54 -0500, Colbyt wrote:

It has a "scan" button (along with "print", "copy", and "fax" buttons).
The print button works. The copy button works. The fax button works. But I never used the scan button and that one button does not work. It just says "waiting for PC" in the display when I hit the scan button.
On the PC side, whenever I use the suggested programs, they ask for the "source" but the source box is empty.
What am I missing?
On 2/13/2010 11:44 AM, Brent wrote:

between scanning an image and saving the scan as a .pdf file and scanning the image, saving it as a .jpg or .png, or .tif file, and then "printing" that file (converting it) to a .pdf file. The .jpg (etc.) file merely functions as an intermediate step in the process for you. I've been using sourceforge's open source PDF Creator for years and it works like a charm.
Brent wrote:

The HP drivers/software.
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 09:31:11 -0800, Bob F wrote:

OK. I didn't realize (mea culpa) that the HP drivers were the missing link.
I figured whatever driver was running the fax/printer/copier was good enough for the scanner part of the printer.
I guess not :(
I'll see if I can somehow dig up the drivers (where is that long lost cd)?
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:31:40 +0000 (UTC), Brent

HP drivers suck, but at least they have all of them online.
Brent wrote:

I know what your printer looks like but have never fooled around with one of them. I have a Lexmark printer/scanner and the software for it allows me to save anything scanned as a PDF. The software for your HP printer may have a similar function built in to the HP software. With my printer, I scan a document then click "save as" from the file dialog box and choose PDF. I have to upload a lot of work orders and invoices via The 'net and most folks want a PDF document. You may have already looked at the driver software for your printer but I would guess that the full software suite from HP will give you more functionality. The HP page I found is here:
http://tinyurl.com/y9m742c
TDD

Open up Adobe Acrobat. File - then you'll see Scanner and just follow what it says.
On 13 Feb 2010 16:46:44 GMT, RobertPatrick wrote:

I have Acrobat Pro but not on the computer that has the HP 3200m printer connected to the serial port.
The computer that is connected to the printer has Foxit Reader (freeware) only.
And Foxit won't recognize the scanner. I'm still looking for the HP software. I was hoping to find it on the web but the links at the HP site require some kind of activex which firefox doesn't do it seems.
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:07:13 +0000 (UTC), Brent

Are you sure Foxit is supposed to work with scanners? I don't see such an option either in Foxit menus or their website. Where did you find it?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:26:56 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

No. I'm not sure. But I've realized from all your help that the problem is that I can't download the proper Windows XP drivers for the Laserjet 3200m from the HP web site.
http://tinyurl.com/ye47hqk
Nobody can (as far as I can tell) as I've been trying for two days.
You can click on the link for the driver but it times out, every time.
At least it does for me.

You have too many problems. Turn OFF your computer and never turn it back ON.
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:36:57 +0000 (UTC), Brent

Adobe Distiller might do what you want. I tossed out my printer over 10 years ago and now print to PDF files instead. I emptied a file cabinet and scanned the papers I might need, and now the file cabinet is gone too.
Brent wrote:

Take a look here: http://www.dopdf.com /

Are you trying to scan/convert a text document to text and then convert to pdf, or do you want to go directly from whatever is scanned to pdf???
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:19:59 -0800 (PST), hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

All I want is what anyone would want which is to feed a piece of paper in the printer (scan it) and have it show up on the Windows XP PC as a PDF file.
I realize now I don't have the scanner drivers but when I go to the scanners control panel, it doesn't have any entry for the HP 3200m Laserjet printer.
And, as I noted, the HP web site doesn't allow downloads of the drivers for this printer (at least I can't get them to download). http://tinyurl.com/ye47hqk

I just went to the HP website. Clicked on the Support and requested a download. The next screen was "Service Unavailable". You'll have to wait til the site is fixed.
Try this site for the manual: http://dmg.ap.buffalo.edu/faculty/phones/3200manual.pdf T.