How do they fix a home sliding over a hill?

Page 2 of 2
On 1/27/2012 12:41 PM, chaniarts wrote:

There's more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. Housemovers are a pretty creative bunch; they do what works ime which often means "variations on a theme" for a given situation .
On 1/27/2012 1:41 PM, chaniarts wrote:

I've seen a few moved in person and they were all done that way. Usually starts out with poking holes in the foundation and inserting I beams then jacking them up. In all of them they worked on all sides of the house. In one move all the dishes, food, whatever were left in the cabinets. Smooth move.
On 1/26/2012 1:12 PM, bob haller wrote:

Forget trying to save it, gravity will win!
Don

This is what you need:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=628&q=caisson&gbv=2&oq=caisson&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=2027l5702l0l8932l7l7l0l1l1l0l89l442l6l6l0#hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=caisson+foundation&oq=caisson+fo&aq=0&aqi=g3g-m1g-S6&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=14488l14888l0l17928l3l3l0l0l0l0l75l215l3l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=2d700df82e29cf4&biw=1366&bih=628
It is very expensive to install.

The only solution is to salvage what can be salvaged, and haul the rest away in dumpsters at this point.
It's going to be too expensive to stabilize, and that's only IF the DEC (Dept of Environmental Conservation) will allow you to stabilize it.
I know a farmer whose barn was undercut by a creek that drastically changed course during a flood. The creek was nowhere near the barn prior to the flood. The DEC will not let them fill in and stabilize their barn because it "changes the natural course" of the creek.
If flowing water is causing the problem, you can forget about saving it at all.