how do these replacement hvac prices sound?

I spoke to 2 local Trane dealers and the prices are similar. Here is a breakdown from 1

Trane XR Series 12 Seer Heat pump system, 3 ton Trane single speed air handler New Top and insulation for air handler platform New Line set New digital thermostat

1 year labor warranty

$3398 installed. This is a "winter special", normally this would be $400 ish more.

For another $250 I can get a variable speed air handler, bumping the system to 13 seer

For $298 they will install a Honeywell F200 air cleaner

Are these prices fair in general? I'm in FL. I have a few more dealers to call.

Now, on top of the $3398, I need some electrical work the guy told me and it looks like it equates to around $500. A fence was put between the breaker that feeds the air compressor and he told me code requires you to visibly see the power cutoff without obstruction, so I need a switch box wall mounted next to the ocmpressor.

He also says since i have gas heat currently my system runs 110V and I need to be upgraded to 220V.

Lastly, I got a quote for a full reduct, which was about $1600. This includes 100% removal of existing ductwork and replacement with R6 level hats, new aluminum based flexiduct. THe ductwork roughly roughly be 2 12" runs from the air handler to 2 junction areas, one on each side of the house. THen there would be 7-9" runs off those boxes to the rooms. One box will have 4 runs, the other box 5. I know ductwork pricing is the hardest to judge, but does $1600 sound adequate?

Reply to
ESM

ESM posted for all of us....

Maybe, hard to see from my monitor. Fly me down and I'll look around and pop a price.

Reply to
Tekkie

C'mon now. Based on the equipment alone, which is standard Trane stuff.. I can give you par tnumbers if you really want, I'm asking about the price. Everyone has a pretty standard install cost here in FL assuming no major stuff needs to be done, so anyone should be able to give be their basic package price given the parts being used.

Reply to
ESM

I'm no expert, but most of the prices quoted look reasonable. The $500 for a disconnect switch sounds high. You do need it though, because of the fence.

Reply to
scott_z500