How do I untilt a costco market umbrella?

Hi All,
I bought a Costco market umbrella, it has a green top and rope pulleys to raise the umbrella. For a couple of years, we wanted to tilt it and couldn't figure out how. We moved to another house and during the move it tilted. And now we can't figure out how to untilt it.
Does anyone know how to untilt and tilt the market umbrella?
Thanks, Jake
At the risk of responding to a troll...
There is a silver button on the side of the mast, right where it hinges. Push it in and return the 'tilted" mast to it's upright position. This is all explained (with pictures) in the instructions that you discarded without reading.

I'm not the OP but I feel a reply here is necessary.
I found this post because I'm having a problem as well -- I'm not sure how to get my new market umbrella to tilt. Our last umbrella (non tilt) broke and we just replaced it last week.
1 - There is no button to push on mine 2 - It did not come with any instructions either
I'm sure there is a strong spring inside and a good strong pull will get it to tilt. However, I am uncertain. And with the hinge being at the very end of my upper reach (on my toes) it's kind of hard to pull it with ease. So before I stand on a stool and pull on it with all my might I want to make sure that A- I'm doing it right and I don't break it, B- In doing so I don't inadvertantly shatter the glass table top the umbrella is poking thru and C- that there might be something I'm missing.
Unfortunately the manufacturer's website (treasure garden) doesn't have an instruction manual pdf I can refer to.
But one thing is for sure - there is definately not a button near the hinge. :)
If I don't figure out I'm going to stop in at the retailer I bought it from next time I'm in the area, but it's kind of out of the way.
-Otter
On Mon, 22 May 2006 10:18:17 -0400, "Craven Morehead"

Ha! Figured it out. The next website I looked at was this one: http://www.cheapawnings.com/am9.html which describes an auto-tily umbrella. You continue to turn the crank one the umbrella has reached the end of the mast and it begins to automatically tilt the umbrella. Just tried it and it worked.
The only thing my umbrella came with was a manufacturer tag telling me what a great selection of styles they had. No where does it mention "auto tilt umbrellas"
So. Guess we don't know everything, do we? :D
-Otter
On Mon, 22 May 2006 10:18:17 -0400, "Craven Morehead"

replying to Otter, JB wrote:

Tugging on the top portion of the pole until in the direction of the hinge allowed mine to tilt. To close it back I had to align it with the hinge and push it back up.
replying to Craven Morehead, Bella wrote: First of all I am not stupid an neither is my husband. One has an engineering degree and another has a Masters degree in nursing. We cannot figure out how to tilt this stupid umbrella
On 05/21/2016 05:44 PM, Bella wrote:

You need at least a doctorate degree to operate a patio umbrella.
replying to Craven Morehead, David wrote: To untitled umbrella. I held the base poll tightly while my wife went counterclockwise. Pole has to remain stationary. The base alone won't keep the pole stationary. Works just fine. Just need team work
Curt had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/How-do-I-untilt-a-costco-market-umbrella-112097-.htm :
Hi. I was searching for the exact same answer and found your earlier post. Figure you maybe got it straightened out but didn't see it. So I found my "11' Market Umbrella" from Costco where my good wife filed it back in 2002. ""To tilt the umbrella: Make sure the lower portion of the pole remains completely stationary when tilting your umbrella. Grasp the upper portion of the umbrella pole and several ribs of the umbrella and rotate in one direction by walking around the umbrella pole (you can rotate the umbrella head in either direction when tilting. It does not matter which direction." Reverse the process to untilt. I think the swivel tilt mechanism was made by Trendler Components, Chicago. The unit was assembled in China for Costco. I hadn't even realized it tilted or just forgot. Big wind gust just twisted the head so hard it tilted. Also tore up the wire which holds the struts. Now to fix it. Hope this helps some searcher in the future. ------------------------------------- jake snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 350985 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Especially after the OP TEN YEARS AGO
replying to jake_allen10, jnewell wrote: I just went out and cranked my past what I thought I should and it tilted!! Yay! Now we can eat outside this afternoon!!