How do I treat heart pine?

I have heart pine floors on my 2nd floor and for trim. Should I stain these or just put an oil based poly on them? I would like them to turn color with age, as they are known for. Although, I would like to have the trim a different color than the floor.
Scott
<< I have heart pine floors on my 2nd floor and for trim. Should I stain these or just put an oil based poly on them? >>
Water based polyurethane does not yellow as much as oil based. Natural wood hue ought to be preserved better IMO. << Although, I would like to have the trim a different color than the floor.

Experiment with some light stains, Target Coatings, Minwax, Cabots all have nice products. Good luck.
Joe
Dont experiment with stains unless it is Scrap lumber and you use a prestain. Oil poly it will amber deep , Water base it will Amber a Little