How do I start my lawnmower with little effort?

My problem: I just had cataract surgery and the doctor said that for the time being I should not life more than 25 pounds or otherwise overly exert myself.

The grass on my lawn is high and needs cutting badly. I have a walk-behind, self-propelled lawnmover that I can push with little effort. But how to start it?

I'm afraid that pulling on the cord that starts the thing could undue the good doctor's work. Can anyone think of a way I can rig up something to start the lawnmower without putting my eyesight in danger?

Reply to
Terry S.

Hire a teenager Ask a neighbor Ask a family member Ask a passer-by on the street Tell me where you live and if I'm in the neighborhood, I'll start it for you.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Easy as pie. Just say "Honey, it is time for you to mow the lawn again."

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

I had cataracts removed and replaced with lenses last year and no mention was ever made about lifting weight.

I think you should rather NOT want to mow. If anything to be avoided, it would be the dust and pollen and crap the mower will kick into the air that might get in your eye. Hire the neighbor kid.

I rested my eyes for about two days, indoors, and after that was good to go and do anything. There's drops for the eyes on a schedule that lasts about 40 days. You're doing that, right?

I didn't have to mow, I was lucky: it was wintertime.

Reply to
Sam Hill

Tend to agree with the above. And IDK how hard his mower is to start, mine sure doesn't take a pull equivalent to lifting 25 pounds. Simplest thing is probably to pay someone to cut it for awhile.

Reply to
trader_4

Get a neighbor kid to pull the rope.

Reply to
clare

You'll need a couple rubber tarp-tie-things - just find them along the roadside. Duct tape them to your lawnmower's pull-cord ; and hook the other end to your garage door - Ta - Da ! electric garage door opener does all the work ! Red

Reply to
hubops

The mowing is as bad as the starting. I'd be hiring the job out for a while.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't have a wife, an electric garage door closer, nearby neighbors, or local teenagers, but thanks for the suggestions. Guess I'll just have to watch the grass grow for awhile.

Reply to
Terry S.