How do I sabotage my furnace!!!

If she is an engineer, chances are she will spot sabotage. If she is a good engineer, she can easily explain why, or why not, the furnace should be replaced. She should be able to do a simple cost analysis based on efficiency, fuel cost, maintenance cost. Then a logical decision can be made.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

So - talk it over with her. Maybe the concern of a mid-winter breakdown will convince her.

What are her reasons for wanting to hang on to the furnace? For that matter, what are your reasons for wanting to replace it?

I tell you one thing, pulling s**t to get your way on a dumb thing like this isn't worth the price.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Super glue in the bearings might work and be hard to detect.

Reply to
CJT

I'm looking into buying a new furnace, and looking into the numbers. As it turns out, what the furnace guy told my wife, and reality are two very different things, so I was thinking of posting a web-site which describes how to make a realistic estimate of the real cost of one furnace over another. I'll let you know when it's done

The long and the short of it is that a furnace does not pay itself off over two to three years (unless your yearly gas bill is close to double the price of the new furnace, and you're moving from an 50% to

90% furnace...). Realisticly, you're looking at 8-10 years. As well, if you take time-value-of-money into account, the high-efficiency furnaces don't look as appealing. Everything depends on your gas bill, and current furnace of course, but I'll post all of that.
Reply to
julvr

replying to Dick, susandangas wrote: is there a specific website that you can do this or are you making it up.

Reply to
susandangas

I recommend doing it on the HomeMoanersHub website.

Reply to
trader_4

Do you realize how little sense you make when you use pronouns with no other meaning? "This"?

Why do all you people refuse to quote what you are replying to?

Reply to
micky

replying to julvr, Creck wrote: I also have a 30 year old furnace that has a terrible mercury switch that just ticks for ever. We still have a home warranty, so we need this thing to die. We need to kill ours so the warranty company will cover it.

Reply to
Creck

Did you ever figure out how to achieve that? We need to do the same thing! Only have a couple weeks left!

Reply to
Iwillnevertell