How do I repair small ding in drywall PROPERLY?

I didn't say I used a roller, as a matter of fact I mentioned cheap bristle brushes.

I found that with enough 'wetting' agent the paint flattens to match nicely. Or, with 'dry' brush strokes seems to match texture wise.

One repair at eye level on a wall that gets sideways bright/sun the spot completely can't find! But, I'm STILL fighting underneath that light switch, even after 5 coats!!!

Reply to
Robert Macy

finally!!

it is NOW flat looking. Surprisingly, even a slight 'bump' in the amount of 0.5 to 1 mil which was extremely hard to find caused the 'island' effect. Turns out that a naturally occurring cross light along the wall brought the pattern out. Using a flashlight didn't. Feeling the surface almost didn't. But, it was there. after aggressively sanding with a BLOCK of wood until the the adjacent surface was also being bitten into; THEN the wall looks flat.

But I appreciate all these answers.

Reply to
Robert Macy