How do I remove cellophane tape glue from wall

My kids hung posters using cellophane tape. Now the tape residue is stuck to the walls and I want to repaint. How do I remove this stuff?
Thanks, TW
Sanding lightly if its cured, or try Goof Off . Be carefull you will remove the paint. there may be a better way but most solvents will remove latex.
Rub with liquid dish soap or nail polish remover.

Good idea. GooGone or GoofOff should work too.

BAD idea. VERY bad. Nail polish remover will take the paint off the wall too. Please refrain from giving advice on subjects of which you are ignorant.

Doug,
Why is using such a solvent a bad idea? The OP intends to do this as part of repainting.
Dave M.

this post that using nail polish remover to remove tape adhesive from a painted surface is a good idea. This person will encounter an unpleasant surprise.
b) The area from which the paint is removed will be a different color. This may show through the new coat.
c) Nail polish remover contains oils, perfumes, and dyes in addition to the solvent (acetone). These substances, the oils in particular, may interfere with the adhesion of the new coat, or create a stain which shows through it.
d) Nail polish remover may simply smear the adhesive around, without removing it completely. This also may interfere with the adhesion of the new coat, or create a stain which shows through it.
e) Use of flammable, toxic solvents for *any* purpose, when there exist non-flammable, non-toxic alternatives which work equally well, is *never* a good idea.
On Mon, 24 May 2004 12:33:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

As if this group isn't often FULL of advisors that have no clue.
"Well I've done it once & this is how it worked well for me". "I helped my neighbor do it once".
She is repainting, would not care about messing up old paint. She just wants to take goo off. Are you here to discuss home repair or to judge me from one line??? More over, is it necessary to use capital letter to yell at me?

<< My kids hung posters using cellophane tape. Now the tape residue is stuck to the walls and I want to repaint. How do I remove this stuff? >>
3M makes a lot of the tape and also adhesive removers. One Ilike is product # 09894 General Purpose cleaner. Very popular in auto body shops and available in related stores.
HTH
Joe
Hi, just wanted to thank everyone for the replies. I tried GooGone and it worked great. Again, Thanks