How Do I Rehang Patio Screen on Its Track?

clipped

Very good diagrams. I'm sure there is something I am missing, but.....can you not prop something behind the wheel to hold it whilst you screw the door to it? Even a strip of cloth around the back of the wheel, insert wheel into track, have someone hold the ends of the cloth to start the screw, pull the cloth out when the door is in place.

I don't usually have problems putting stuff together after I have taken it apart, unless I drop a part whilst looking for a tool. My worst habit is putting important parts in a very safe place until I can make repairs, then forgetting which safe place I put it in :o)

Reply to
Norminn

I am considering trying to attach the rollers to a ribbon, spaced at the correct distance apart. Then putting them in the track, put the door in place and pull the ribbon to hold the rollers against the door and move it until the holes line up. But, I've not come up with a way to attache them to the ribbon securely enough while releasing the ribbon after the rollers are attached. Another issue, however the rollers are attached to the ribbon they must not leave adhesive that will impede the rollers rotating freely on the hub.

I don't think putting a cloth "pad" behind the rollers to hold them in place will work. The rollers must be held flat against the frame to start the screws, particularly blind like this, and when I try to do that the roller tip forward and fall out of the track.

I'm now considering this approach

have not yet been to the store to get longer screws and don't know whether a screw long enough to facilitate this will, when tightened, strike the back of the channel/track.

Reply to
jim evans

What I was suggesting was not to fasten anything to the roller, but just to use the strip of cloth around the back of the roller like a sling - keep tension on the strip of cloth to hold it toward the front of the track until you get the screws started, then just remove the strip when the screws are in. Capiche?

Reply to
Norminn

To anyone who may have been following this and is interested in the solution -- this method worked:

I had to get longer screws, and I had a little trouble getting the screws to draw-up into the rotating hub, but it worked. The door is back in place.

Reply to
jim evans